2016 IBM Leading to Africa Internship Program for Graduates
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is a global technology and innovation company headquartered in Armonk, NY. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 400,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Leading to Africa Internship Program – Systems
Ref No: 43173BR
Contract type: Internship
Your future made with IBM – Leading to Africa
- Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. IBMers are leading business and technology experts, working with clients in all industries in the private and public sectors to tackle the world’s biggest challenges. In Africa, we’ve been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we need talented individuals like you.
- We are currently searching for young talents for the LEADing to Africa program. The intent of this internship program is to build an important recruitment channel for our business in Africa, specifically in Kenya, Nigeria, Morocco, by providing a short-term real world experience in other IBM markets.
- IBM’s internship programs provide assignments for students to become familiar with IBM’s organization, work style, culture and global reach. Students in this program have expressed interest in working in Africa, if such a position is offered after a successful completion of the internship program. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. Students are expected to manage their own work authorizations without IBM sponsorship.
- As part of this program, positions are currently opened for different business including Systems for technical opportunities in Information and Technology
The ideal intern must:
- Currently studying in a US university and graduating in 2017
- Demonstrate a passion for technology
- Have industry experience through school projects, prior jobs, or internships/co-ops
- Possess analytical skills and understanding of financial principles
- Be a self starter and have demonstrated leadership experience
- Possess people and teaming skills
- Possess the technical ability to help develop business solutions
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Be majoring in an area of business with proven academic success (general business, marketing, management, etc)
- Be able to independently travel to local IBM clients and meetings.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic Knowledge in Computer Science.
- Basic Knowledge with Linux or UNIX Environments
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- At least 1 year experience in a Linux and/or UNIX environment and at least 1 year experience in programming ability in C/C+, Python
- Candidate must be in the last year of a Bachelor’s or Master’s program attending a U.S. University.
- High School Diploma/GED.