2016 Job Recruitment by Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
1.) Flying Logistics Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 6 months
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Providing ACF’s field teams in Nigeria with essential logistics support during emergency response activities in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno states and build the capacity of the Logistics team in the bases.
Key Activities in your role will include:
- Follow up and implement recommendations of the latest Logistics Assessment and work with base logistics teams to develop logistics systems and procedures
- Implement short term and long term action plans for logistics staff in the bases in line with the Logistics Assessment outcomes
- Support the Base Logisticians to implement and ensure the performance of the supply chain on base level and ensure conformity with ACF procedures at each stage of the supply chain.
- Provide technical support to the base logisticians on fleet, warehousing, facility management, procurement.
- Support the ITC Officer, provide him and follow an action plan with objectives in the bases
- Support the Base Logisticians in submitting timely and quality reports
- Build the capacity of the Logistics team in the bases, ensure that all KitLog procedures are known and followed
- Build the capacity of Programmes team in working with logistics documentation
Do you meet the profile required criteria ?
You’ve broad experience in humanitarian logistics
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or a related field. You have either started or completed further studies in Humanitarian Logistics or International Development.
- You have at least 5 years’ international professional experience in similar roles & humanitarian emergency contexts. You have a good general knowledge of IT, mechanics, communications, supply chain management & procurement.
You’re a creative problem-solver:
- You like to find & implement straight-forward solutions to tricky questions. You balance finding quick answers to immediate problems with planning projects that take a longer time to execute.
- You’re well organized & pay attention to small details. You understand that support roles play an invaluable role keeping ACF’s core activities operational. You take pride meeting deadlines & following procedures correctly & keeping logistical documentation up-to-date.
Your work style builds confidence within your team:
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the logitistics teams achieve their objectives. You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within this role’s scope of responsibility.
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language, speaking tactfully & listening carefully to others. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms & are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
Application Closing Date
20th June, 2016
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
2.) Supply Chain Expert
3.) Rapid Response Project Manger
Application Closing Date