2016 Jumia Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of marketing and entrepreneurship, to fill the following positions below:
1.) Head of Accounting
Job type: Full Time
Department: Finance & Legal
- As Head of Accounting you work directly with the CFO and founding teams which you support in interdisciplinary issues such as controlling and accounting.
- You will be responsible for the daily accounting transactions, accounting procedures and financial reporting.
- You will also work with the AIG CFO to make sure corporate policies and procedures are adhered to.
The position of Head of Accounting entails:
- Overseeing the daily accounting activities required to accurately maintain the company’s general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and other financial records and schedules.
- Managing and maintaining the financial accounting system, and all accounting processes including daily accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash collection, GL, payroll, bank, inventory reconciliation and tax filings
- Supervising, directing and reviewing the work of a team of senior accountants (Heads of AP, AR, Inventory, Treasury) and their teams. Establishing working procedures and process for accounting personnel.
- Managing monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Reviewing general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
- Preparing and entering monthly adjusting journal entries.
- Analyzing and reconciling accounts as required.
- Generating quarterly and annual financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss, cash flow) monthly.
- Assisting the FPA teams with budget and forecast preparation schedule by collecting relevant business data and projections from the line departments and provide relevant analyses and feedback to enable finalization of the budget and forecast proposals and all related reports including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Evaluating & implementing internal and external audit recommendations & provides feedback to management on results
- Ensuring compliance with all country legal, regulatory and tax reporting requirements
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant or the like from internationally recognized accounting body
- At least 8 years practical experience
- Experience in managing a team
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external affiliates and clients
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. We are building ventures from scratch, learning and solving problems along the way
- Hands-on attitude. E-commerce is 50% operations, so you must not be afraid of rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Experience with or curiosity for IT systems and ERP systems. E-commerce is 50% IT, so you must not be afraid of systems
- Strong drive and ability to implement change in fast moving organizations
- Willingness to make decisions as necessary and appropriate in accordance with company policies. Self-starter who will take initiative to effect positive change
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and professionalism at all times
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
2.) Head of Finance Ops
3.) Jumia Nigeria Fleet Training and QA in Charge Recruitment
4.) Bank Reconciliation Team Lead
Click Here To View Details
Application Closing Date