Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
2016 Laboratory Program Intern Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Job Title: Laboratory Program Intern
Job ID: 13-8900
Project/Program: A056 PRO-ACT
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Reports To: Associate Director, Lab Sciences
- MSH, a Non-Governmental Organisation implements several projects including the Leadership, Management and Sustainability project. The USAID funded ProACT project is part of the USG program support to the Government of NIGERIA to prevent and control HIV/AIDS in the country.
- The following services are provided as part of the comprehensive care and treatment program: HIV Testing & Counselling, PMTCT, adult and paediatric ART, TB care, OVC, PHDP and Integrated Laboratory services.
- MSH currently supports the implementation of high quality integrated Laboratory services in 5 States and has established 41 comprehensive care and treatment centres and well over PMTCT centres in the 5 States.
- With the focus towards optimizing EID and viral load services, MSH requires the services of a Laboratory Program Intern to support with documentation and reporting of best practices across the States and to focus on documenting key outcomes of the roll-out of viral load and EID activities.
- The key objective for the intern is to support the Country Office Laboratory Team in documenting Laboratory activities and profiling Laboratory innovations from field office reports.
- He/She will assist the Laboratory Advisors in tracking and reporting on optimization of EID and Viral Load services, Laboratory revolving Funds and Accreditation preparedness effort of selected health facilities across the States.
- Create and manage a database of EID and Viral Load optimization activities by working closely with both Country and field office Technical staff
- Help in the compilation of weekly reports on EID and Viral load tests to USAID
- Provide support in documenting key Laboratory activities from across the States
- Profile and report on key Laboratory innovations across the States and Country Offices
- Liaise with both Country and field office teams in identifying key successes and originating draft success stories for reviews
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Laboratory Team
- Report on Number of EID and Viral Testing conducted in the laboratory and maintain a database of activities relating thereto.
- Bi-weekly reporting of LRF activities across the facilities
- Number of success stories generated
- Medical Laboratory Scientist with at least one year post internship experiences including HIV testing
- He/She will have thorough knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention and good laboratory practices in Nigeria
- Registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
4th March, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online