2016 Recruitment for External Sales Executives at Maersk Line
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: External Sales Executive
- Customer relationship management
- Clearly map stakeholders and understand their needs
- Effective management of assigned customers; pursue and secure business in line with West Nigeria volume targets.
- Create and manage customer specific business plans and initiatives allowing Maersk Line to maximize its yield potential.
- Ensure follow through on E2E direction setting as communicated with a view to maximising total yield and build a stronger pipeline of new customers
- Keep abreast of market developments and report significant trends
Pipeline and Portfolio Management:
- Quality sales activities covering client portfolio.
- Quality pipeline accurately reflecting the business that has been identified from active sales calls, without allowing unrealistic/significant over or under forecasts vs. what is to be delivered.
- Business plan based on minimum set with quarterly updates.
- Uncovering needs framework, understanding the buying phases
- Build strong customer specific value propositions linking to Maersk Line differentiators.
- Actively use Maersk Line CRM tool
Sales Meetings/Activity Management:
- Ability to prospects for new accounts or opportunities
- Grow and up-sell to existing accounts, focusing on growth and profitability
- Strong ability to qualify leads
- Successfully manages negotiation process
- Strong ability to develop winning customer value propositions
- Leverages internal and external financial data to build winning strategies and understand account economics
- Builds and executes winning account strategies
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships at all levels, focusing on customers, decision makers and influencers
- Have a strong knowledge about ML products, markets and industry trends
Who we are looking for:
- You should possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.
- You should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral). In addition, you should have organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 3 years industry or equivalent sales experience.
- You should be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com.
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterised by high pace and diversity. You will get to focus on creating valuable relations with current and new customers and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognised and well-rewarded.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online