2016 United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Latest Job Recruitment
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Country Researcher – Africa Data Report 2016
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Additional Category: Management
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: International Consultant
Starting Date: 6thJanuary, 2016 (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
Duration of Initial Contract: 2 Months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 2 Months
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working under the guidance of the Steering Committee and in close collaboration with the Lead Author for the Africa Data Report 2016, the country researcher will undertake an assessment of the data for development ecosystem in NIGERIA. More specifically, the country researcher will be contractually responsible for undertaking national-level activities and producing agreed deliverables. These include:
- Undertaking a desk review of existing literature, research and reports from data-related initiatives, laws and regulatory frameworks, to broadly capture the data landscape of stakeholders, relationships, and processes in the country;
- Conduct surveys, interviews and focus group discussions as relevant and required, in order to capture detailed and precise perspectives of stakeholders;
- Liaise on an ongoing basis with the Lead Author to ensure that adherence to the overall research methodology;
- Produce a baseline assessment of the national data for development ecosystem, including a detailed and exhaustive mapping of the various components of the data ecosystem in the country, identification of the systemic challenges and gaps that hamper the full realization of the data revolution for sustainable development, and recommendations for follow-up actions;
- The assignment will have a duration of up to 2 months. The researcher may be requested to travel abroad at least once, to attend a methodology workshop with other country researchers and the Lead Author.
- The international travel will be fully funded by the IDRC/UNECA/UNDP/Web Foundation partnership. In-country travel occurring in the context of this assignment must be factored in the candidate’s financial offer.
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills, and strong communications and presentation skills;
- Demonstrates substantive and technical knowledge to meet responsibilities and post requirements with excellence;
- Demonstrates the ability to produce high quality results following the research handbook and providing strong desk research and web search skills;
- Demonstrates an understanding of open data and experience with data communities;
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the country s/he is willing to research;
- Demonstrates leadership, team building and coordination skills;
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills and proven ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and teams with diversity of background and skills;
- Excellent understanding of statistics and strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, and ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s (or equivalent degree/experience) in International Development, Economics, International Relations, Statistics or a related field is mandatory.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in socio-economic analysis and research;
- Knowledge and experience of national and global policies on data and statistics for implementing and monitoring sustainable development;
- Demonstrated excellent analytical, writing and editing skills;
- Experience in developing complex knowledge products and flagship reports.
- Proficiency in one official language of the country is a requirement;
- Working knowledge of English is a requirement; and
- A second UN language, preferably French, is desirable.
Application closing Date
18th May, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
2.) WFP Administration Assistant
Deadline: 18th May, 2016.
Deadline: 19th May, 2016.