2017 GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program for Entrepreneurs (Third Edition)
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the program below:
Title: 2017 GE Summer Lagos Garage Skills Training Program
Location: GE Nigeria Headquarters, Victoria Island, Lagos
Program Date: May 30th – June 24th, 2017.
Program Summary / Detailed Description
- GE launches third edition of GE Lagos Garage Skills Training Program for Entrepreneurs in Lagos, Nigeria. The third edition of General Electric’s (GE) advanced manufacturing skills training program for entrepreneurs is scheduled to take off in Lagos, Nigeria on the 30th of May, 2017.
- The GE Lagos Garage is a four-week program dedicated to accelerating the impact of Nigeria’s most promising entrepreneurs, especially in advanced manufacturing.
- This program is designed for hardware entrepreneurs that have an existing product or idea and want to learn how to apply cutting-edge manufacturing technology like 3D printing to their product development process.
- The Garage Entrepreneurship program’s select participants will directly interact with the latest manufacturing technologies – including 3D printers and laser cutters – that enable innovation through rapid prototyping, which will transform Nigerian industries, particularly, SMEs in creating value.
- The Garage also provides access to advanced hardware and Nigeria’s extensive mentorship network, supporting entrepreneurial spirit with an aim to spark ideas that drive growth across multiple sectors of the economy.
- GE created the Garages program in 2012 to reinvigorate America’s interest in invention, innovation and manufacturing. In 2014, Garages went global with four weeks of intensive workshops at GE’s offices in Lagos, Nigeria, using the latest in advanced manufacturing technologies: 3D printers, CNC mills and laser cutters.
- In December 2016, GE Nigeria lauched a permanent installation of the Lagos Garage, a hub for training, strategy development, advanced manufacturing-based innovation and collaboration. So far, two cohorts of 68 entrepreneurs have gone through the program with over $1m in funding secured.
- In 2017, GE continues the program dedicated to accelerating the impact of Nigeria’s most promising entrepreneurs. Working with a variety of world-class instructors, investors, technical experts and partners, participants will build a culture of collaboration and innovation while translating their creativity to potentially viable ideas and businesses.
- During this third iteration of the Garage program, participants will be trained in the latest advanced manufacturing technologies and techniques to enable innovation through rapid prototyping.
- They will learn and apply the core principles of design thinking, product development, finance, marketing, sales and customer acquisition in real-time to their ventures.
- The Garage will also provide participants with access to comprehensive training, advanced manufacturing hardware and an expanding network of dedicated mentors and alumni to support them in starting and scaling their companies, and in building a culture of collaboration and innovation to bring their most innovative ideas to life.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- There is NO fee for the application or the program.
- For further information about the Lagos Garage, please contact “the Associate Program Manager, Demilade Adesiyan” at: firstname.lastname@example.org Or via mobile at 08051960057