Application for 2016/2017 University of Benin (UNIBEN) Admission into Postgraduate Programmes
University of Benin – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of Benin.
School of Postgraduate Studies, Admission To Postgraduate Programmes 2016/2017 Academic Session
Faculties/Schools/Institutes currently admitting are listed below:
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Life Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- School of Basic Medical Sciences
- School of Medicine
- Institute of Child Health
- Institute of Education
- Institute of Public Administration and Extension Services
- Centre of Excellence in Geosciences (COE)
- Uniben in collaboration with the National Centre for Women Development in Gender and Peace Building.
- Centre for Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation
- Uniben and AERC collaborative Ph.D programme in Economics
General Admission Requirements
- Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent..
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- Candidates who obtained Master’s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% .
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
- Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
- Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
- Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
- Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
- Note: students are advised to always check the website for those courses that require written entrance examination. Please indicate your e-mail address/telephone when applying.
- Admission into some programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on date to be announced later by 9 am at Ugbowo campus.
- However, there will be no Entrance Examinations for some programmes. Admission into such programmes will be based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please Download and go through the advert at the bottom of this page to ensure proper guidance in the choice of Programme of Study.
- Click on ‘Register for application’ at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Provide all necessary information. Note that * means compulsory fields.
- Click on ‘Get login credentials’ .
- An immediate mail will be send to the provided email address (ps your email not the cybercafe’s mail).
- Open your mail to get your system generated id and password that you will use to login.
- On the https://uniben-kofa.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of front page).
- Enter your user name and the password from the mail to login.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Edit application record’ and provide all required information and upload your red background passport photograph.
- You can view your entries before downloading the application slip.
- To make payment login and click ‘Edit application record’.
- At the bottom of the page click on ‘Add online payment ticket’.
- On the displayed page top left click on ‘College Pay’ to start payment by ATM or Cash Card.
- Please do not delete any unsuccessful payment rather query it before initiating another payment.
- Payment is via the lnterswitch Platform using any valid VERVE Card or Master Card ATM of any Commercial Bank in Nigeria for the sum of N12,050.00 (Twelve thousand and fifty naira).
- Candidates are expected to download Referee and Transcript Request Forms from the website and ensure that these forms are clearly filled with all information required, and send to Postgraduate School.
- Any Application Form not properly filled will not be treated
- All application processes must be completed on or before the closing date above.