Application for 40 UNESCO/Poland Co-Sponsored 2017/2018 Fellowships in Science, Technology and Engineering
Applications are invited for 40 UNESCO/POLAND Co-Sponsored Research Fellowships for applicants from Africa, Arab states, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean. Fellowships will be given to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
Application Deadline: 14th April 2017
Eligible Regions: Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean
To be taken at (country): Poland
About the Award: With a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering Education at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow have placed at the disposal of certain Member States forty (40) fellowships of six (6) months duration each, in Poland, starting on 2 October 2017.
Since its creation UNESCO’s mission has been to contribute to the building of peace, poverty eradication, lasting development and intercultural dialogue, with education as one of its principal activities to achieve this aim.
Field of Study: Studies in the fields of Science, Technology and Engineering.
Type: Research (Individual)
Eligibility: Applicants must hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees;
- Be proficient in reading and writing English;
- Be a member of Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Number and Duration of Awards: Forty (40) fellowships of six (6) months duration each, in Poland.
Value of Scholarship: Facilities offered by Polish Authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations. Accommodation at the AGH UST Student Campus organised for fellows by the UNESCO AGH Chair.
- Monthly allowance of 1600 PLN (1 USD = approximately 4,0 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and; (iii) A one-time special allowance of 1600 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
- No provision to finance or lodge family members is made.
- At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution, this certificate will be given after receipt of the requested reports and financial clearance from the Institution.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
How to Apply: Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, by 14 April 2017 at the latest (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address. An advance copy of the application should be sent by fax (33.1) 45.68.55.03 or by e-mail unesco3(at)agh.edu.pl; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org; email@example.com and l.zas-friz-at-unesco.org. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- UNESCO fellowships application forms, including medical certificate, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, handwriting form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree/ PhD obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
- The endorsed candidates should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system available on the page.
Award Provider: UNESCO, Poland Government