Application for Olam International 2017 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
Applications are invited from fresh graduates for the position below:
Job Position: Product Line Trainee
Position Code: 953
Functional Area: Sales
- Analytical ability – Ability to analyze data / information and generate market and customer insight
- Communication & Collaboration Skills – Ability to communicate & work effectively with technical and commercial teams both internally and at the customer end
- Problem solving skills – Ability to identify issues, drill down to root cause, and suggest alternate and holistic solutions
- Self-driven & seeking professional growth – Strong drive to learn, build techno commercial skill set and invest in a long term career in the product line & industry
- Employment as a Trainee does not commence until the Trainee has completed his/her bachelor’s (or greater) degree
- Adaptability: for up to 6 months, Trainees may pursue hands-on, on-the-job training on our manufacturing floors.
- A Master’s Degree in Business
- Previous work experience in Industrial B2B sales / marketing
- Previous work experience in processed fruits & vegetable industry
- Involvement and leadership in extra-curricular campus activities or non-profit organizations
- Study abroad experience or the ability to speak multiple languages
- A GPA at or above 3.0 (on a 4-point scale)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science, Natural Sciences, Business Administrations, Economics, Math, Agriculture, Agribusiness, or related field
- Olam’s Trainee Program is a leadership development program. Upon completion of the program, Trainees will have gained a strong knowledge of products and process and have fostered a network of relationships that will help them serve Olam’s clients and build their own future!
- The Program is a reflection of Olam’s innovative corporate culture, where each employee is encouraged to grow via on-the-job experience, classroom education, and through relationships with employees company-wide.
Primary Purpose of the Role
- The Product Line Management (PLM) function is responsible primarily for overall business and marketing strategy of the product line and interfaces with the other functions such as Operations, Technical and Sales to maximize the profitability of the product line. The PLM Trainee role will involve a range of activities including business & competitive analysis, market research and segmentation and aiding in formulation and execution of the product line strategy.
- The primary responsibilities of the PLM Trainee role will involve competition & market analysis, supply & demand analysis, market research, and development of business and marketing strategy.
- The role will require independent management of projects around customers or products and interfacing with the various functions as well as external agencies to drive projects to completion.
- The role requires an ability to develop a strong techno-commercial understanding of Olam’s product & service capabilities, an understanding of customer business models and hence their product & service level needs.