Apply for 2016 Dangote Cement Plc Job Recruitment email@example.com
Dangote Cement Plc is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to presence in 17 other African countries.
To consolidate its current strategic expansion drive and as part of its growing vision. Dangote Cement Plc is seeking to recruit about 2000 candidates for the following vacant positions below in its Transport Division:
1.) Transport Operations General Manager
In the role of Transport General Manager you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Responsible for getting the Dangote products in the right quantities, to the right locations all at the right time.
- Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles.
- Responsible for all of the dispatching, routing, and tracking of delivery vehicles.
- Dispatching Dangote products to national and international destinations.
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures to do with tachograph and towing etc.
- Managing, monitoring and developing a team of drivers and line managers.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates wishing to be consider for this role should meet the following criteria:
- Experienced of working within a transport environment.
- Lead by example and try to resolve driver issues on a night to night basis to avoid formal grievances.
- Knowledge of transport legislation. Knowledge of computerized scheduling and driver management packages would be an advantage.
- Experience of supervising I managing a team; if at senior level this would be highly advantageous.
The eligible candidate should have:
- Ability to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation
- Strong understanding of current transport system, concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- In-depth understanding of the trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry,
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the macro and micro environmental trends and their impact on the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the products ahd service offerings of Dangote Cement P.L.C.
- Very good negotiation and relationship management skiils.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Educational Qualification & Experience
The ideal candidate should posses as minimum requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport and Logistics.
- Master’s degree with specialization in Transport and Logistics.
- Minimum of 25 years of related experience with at least 15 years specific experience in transport.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2016
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Specify the position you are applying for as subject of the mail e.g job title: Transport Operations General Manager
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
2.) Senior Transport Operations Manager
3.) Transport Operations Manager
4.) Transport Maintenance General Manager
5.) Transport Maintenance Senior Manager
6.) Transport Maintenance Manager
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2016.