Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
1.) Compliance Officer (Warri Branch)
Job ID: 16019977
- The individual will play a key role in developing and maintaining a robust control environment in the branch/cluster and across the bank in general.
- He/she will be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and advising on compliance with business, global, regional, and local AML & compliance policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Implementation of all applicable compliance and AML/CFT programs at the branch/cluster level;
- Ensure all compliance reviews/reports are being performed timely, are adequate and appropriately documented;
- Monitoring compliance to regulatory and internal policies, processes and procedures by staff in the branch/cluster;
- Daily resolution of compliance issues emanating from the branch/cluster in line with all applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies and liaising with the Head Office as necessary;
- Monthly reports on compliance Status of the branch/cluster to the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Reporting all forms of compliance breaches to the Chief Compliance Officer;
- Bringing to the attention of the Chief Compliance Officer any suspicious transaction/activity;
- Carrying out compliance advisory services to the branches covered;
- Liaising with local Regulators, Law Enforcement and other Governmental Bodies and ensure good relationships with the same;
- Work closely with the Business and other key stakeholders such as Operations & Technology to identify and mitigate the risks associated with existing and new business with emphasis on higher risk customers and transactions;
- Attend to and where necessary, lead compliance related customer interactions;
- Contribute to a “no surprise” compliance culture by developing and delivering compliance training programs including providing annual face-to-face training and developing and delivering any other relevant periodic targeted training to employees in the branch/cluster (new hires, transfers and existing staff);
- Raise the visibility of compliance by specifically improving the compliance risk assessment and compliance testing standards at the branch/cluster; and
- Manage ad hoc compliance related projects as required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Banking sector
- Knowledge of relevant regulations would be an advantage.
- Strong written and personal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and facilitate multiple projects
- Ability to work individually and in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to embrace new technologies
- Interpersonal skills
- Undergraduate qualification in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law or degree in any other discipline
- Highly organized and methodical with close attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
- Strong team player willing to learn and share experience with other team members
- Flexibility to work with changing priorities and deadlines
2.) Compliance Officer (Kano)
3.) Cluster Compliance Officer