How to Apply for 2016/2017 Admission for Full-Time Programmes at Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State
The Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State – Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro for Full-Time Programmes leading to the award of Higher National Diploma (HND) qualification for programmes in the following schools:
School of Applied Science
- Computer Science
- Food Technology
- Hospitality Management (Hotel and Catering Management)
- Office Technology and Management (Secretarial Studies)
- Science Laboratory Technology with options in: Chemistry, Physics with electronics and
- Microbiology and Statistics.
School of Management Studies
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration & Management and
School of Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering with options in: Electrical Power and Machines, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering and Instrumentation
- Mechanical Engineering with option in: Plant and Power Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Engineering and Technology.
School of Environ Mental Studies
- Architectural Technology
- Building Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geo-informatics and Urban and Regional Planning.
Duration of all Programmes
- Four (4) Semesters (Full Time)
HND (Full-Time) Entry Requirements
Applicants seeking HND (Full Time) Admission must possess:
- A good National Diploma not below Lower Credit (with CGPA not less than 2.50) and basic requirements for the National Diploma Programme in the discipline.
- A minimum of one calendar year Post National Diploma relevant Industrial Experience.
- Academic Transcripts which should be sent (directly) by the student’s last Institution under confidential to: The Registrar, Ilaro. Note: No candidate will be registered before the receipt of the academic transcript.
- A good performance in the screening exercise to be conducted by the Polytechnic.
- Provision of JAMB Admission Letter.
- Possession of the specific SSC requirements i.e. WAEC/NECO/NABTEB/GCE O&’ Level for the course for which the candidate is applying.
- All candidates are expected to consult the institution’s prospectus on the portal or in hard copy to ascertain their qualification for courses for which they are applying.
- Candidates should not register for courses for which they do not have the requirements. The admission of the Federal Polytechnic ilaro is provisional; ANYTIME it is discovered that a candidate registered for a programme for which he is not qualified; the admission would be withdrawn.
- Note: No fee paid to the Federal Polytechnic, ilaro is refundable.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2016.
Method of Application
Candidates seeking admission into the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro are required to complete the Institution’s Application available online.
Instructions to Candidates on How to Apply:
- Log to the School Portal
- Click on “College Portal” on the Main Menu
- Scroll down to “New application”
- Click on the “Generate Invoice” button
- To generate invoice fill in your Name and other details and Select your programme and Course
- Proceed to the bank with the invoice generated, pay at the bank and Obtain a Confirmation Order Number
- Return to the portal, repeat steps 1-3 and.
- Click on the “Fill Application form” button
- Enter the confirmation order number obtained from the Bank.
- Complete the application form.
- Scan and paste a coloured passport-size photograph of not more than 50kb in the space provided on the online form.
- Confirm and submit. Print a copy of the completed Acknowledgement Slip and Exam Slip.
- Screening exercise for HND (Full-Time) Programmes would hold on August 18, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. prompt.
- Venue of the screening exercise is the Polytechnic, West Campus.
Note: Further enquiries should be forward to: email@example.com