Apply for Federal Government of Nigeria 2017 Fadama III Agro-preneur Support Programme
“Fadama” is a Hausa name for irrigable land-usually low-lying plains underlay by shallow aquifers found along Nigeria´s major river systems. Such lands are especially suitable for irrigated production and fishing, and traditionally provide feed and water for livestock.
The enormous potential of this land is only very partially developed. The Fadama I and II projects successfully refined approaches for improved utilization of these lands.
The National Fadama Coordination Office (NFCO) now invites interested unemployed graduates youth (male and female) for:
Title: Fadama III AF Graduate Unemployed Youth and Women Agro-preneur Support (Fadama-Guys) Programme
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received Additional Financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Third National Fadama Development (Fadama III) Project, to support ramping up of production of four (4) prioritized staple crops (rice, cassava, sorghum and tomatoes). The Project intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to support graduate unemployed youth and women to become agro-preneurs in line with the FGN Green Alternative – Agriculture Promotion Policy (APP).
The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase the incomes for users of rural lands and water resources within the Fadama Areas in a sustainable manner throughout the Recipient’s territory.
The additional financing is fully dedicated to scaling up all the six components of the parent Project namely
- Component 1: Capacity Building, Communications and Information Support;
- Component 2: Small-Scale Community- owned Infrastructure;
- Component 3: Advisory Services and Support for Acquisition of Farming Inputs;
- Component 4: Support to the Agricultural Development Programs, Sponsored Research and On-Farm Demonstrations;
- Component 5: Matching Grant Facility for Assets Acquisition through groups; and
- Component 6: Project Management, Monitoring and evolution
Rules and Guidelines for Interested Individuals (Please review carefully)
Eligibility Criteria for application are:
- The applicant is a Nigerian, resident in any of the following participating States (1st Phase): Abia, Adamawa, Akwa lbom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Ebonyi, Ekiti, FCT, Jigawa, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Sokoto & Taraba.
- The applicant is between the ages of 18 and 35 years old as at the tire of submitting application.
- The applicant must have access to land and/or place where his/her agri-enterprise interest of choice would be located;
- Having computer knowledge and skills would be an added advantage;
- The Fadama Ill AF funding must be requested for utilization on eligible costs or activities based on a business plan to be submitted after successful application and proposed training.
- The candidate has a demonstrable passion for agriculture and is willing to become an agro-preneur. This should be indicated through a written statement in the application form;
- The applicant is a graduate of any institution of higher learning (including Secondary School Leaving Certificates holders who have practiced farming and/or enterprise of choice for at least 5 years);
- Note: Any application that does not follow the rules and guidelines presented below will NOT be considered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should follow the steps given below:
- Log on to the Fadama GUYS Portal at: http://guys.fadamaaf.net and create an account
- Check your mailbox for confirmation of account creation and login details to the Portal;
- Complete and submit the Application Form;
List of Documents to be Provided During On-line Registration
In addition to filling up the Application Form, the candidate must submit the following additional documents:
- Scanned original copy of primary school certificate;
- Scanned copies of valid Federal Government of Nigeria issued means of identification (such as international passport, INEC Permanent Voters Card, National identity card or drivers license, etc);
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s original highest educational qualification certificate;
- The attention of interested Individuals is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrower, Revised January 2011 and 2014 setting forth the World Bank policy on Conflict of Interest.
- The submission deadline will be the closing date stated above at mid-night West Africa Time (GMT+1 hour). No application will be allowed after the deadline.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours [from 08 hours to 1600 hours] Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Project Officer:
National Project Coordinator,
National Fadama Coordination Office (NFCO),
No 1 Eldoret Close,Off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Abuja – Nigeria.
Application Deadline 15th May, 2017.