Apply for Institute of Photonic Sciences PhD Position in Spain
Position is available for pursuing PhD programme.
ICFO is offering a PhD-fellowship to a highly motivated candidate who wishes to enhance his/her scientific career in the field of Advanced imaging techniques: Multilevel Bioimaging, Analysis and Modelling of Vertebrate Development and Disease, and obtain a doctoral degree.
The successful candidates will be paid according to EU standards for Early Stage Researchers. The fellowship is offered for a period of three years.
– Candidates must hold an internationally-recognized master degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) in physics, bio engineering, electrical engineering or a related field. The candidate should hold appropriate expertise from her/his studies or MSc project to contribute to the research field described above.
– Selection is based on merit and potential, measured in terms of the academic record and personal achievements. Academic excellence is a must. Pro-activity, participation in community activities, and capacity for teamwork are also taken into account.
– Due to the rules of Initial Training Networks, eligible candidates for the positions as early-stage researchers (PhD students) must come from abroad, have not resided more than 12 of the last 36 months in Spain, and hold less than 4 years of research experience after the MSc degree.
– The successful candidates will be paid according to EU standards for Early Stage Researchers. The fellowship is offered for a period of three years.
– No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the position.
How to Apply
– A presentation letter (cover letter) with declaration of research interests,
– A Curriculum Vitae, including contact details,
– Scanned copies of your complete (Bachelor and Master equivalent) academic transcripts in English or Spanish,
– Scanned copies of the degree certificates, if available at the time of application,
– Three letters of recommendation, for which the candidates should contact their referees, asking them to submit the recommendation letter directly to Dr Pablo Loza-Alvarez(pablo.loza-at-icfo.eu).
– If available, scanned copy of standardised test results (GRE, TOEFL, etc.). Note that submission of test results is optional, but they can be particularly helpful for evaluating candidates with degrees obtained outside the European Higher Education Area.
Deadline: 30th of September, 2016.
For More Details Visit Official Website: jobs.icfo.eu