Apply for Job at Mercy Corps for Program Interns
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Intern (Feed the Future)
General Position Summary
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in partnership with Mercy Corps, Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN) and Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) is implementing the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project.
- These have provided some of the community member with seed capital innovation fund (SCIF) which was designed to support provision of financing options for smallholder business enterprises across all project components both in agriculture and non-agriculture businesses.
- Also included, are in the areas of nutrition, water and sanitation through targeted investments in loan guarantees to partner financial institutions and ‘smart’ grants schemes.
- The project is using a multi-sector approach to help 42,000 very poor households (HHs) in Sokoto, Kebbi state and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) gain economic access through skills building, strengthened entrepreneurial will and provision of startup grants.
- Mercy Corps and CRS lead the implementation of the Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project to grow startup businesses and incomes of the targeted vulnerable groups across the states of intervention.
- The overall objective is to catalyze growth in economic activities through increase participation of project beneficiaries in market opportunities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Ensure project activities listed below are implemented on time, target and budget:
- Ensure the smooth flow of routine project activities coordination as directed by Project Manager.
- Work with all project staff to ensure support for and timely deliverables of activities.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian and development mission.
- Coordinate various field and activity reports from all project locations.
- Maintain close working relationships with colleagues and other project associates (CSOs, Franchising companies and microfinance institutions), including attending coordination meetings as assigned by supervisor.
- Communicate effectively to ensure overall project targets and donor obligations are achieved.
- Other assigned responsibilities
- Ensure that all field and activity reports are coordinated and submitted to the Project Manager as at when due.
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/Sc or equivalent in Statistics, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant field
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and cooperate with team members
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Hausa language skills essential.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office packages (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude.
- Ideally, s/he will have previous experience in working in large-scale emergency programs in insecure and conflict-affected contexts, including remote management.
- S/he is a problem solver, who is adept in successfully dealing with issues of complexity.
- S/he is an active listener and contributor, working to create a strong team share ideas and learn.
- Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line, be not more than four pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Application Deadline: 27th July, 2017.