Apply for Masters Scholarships at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
To support the training of eye health professionals with strong public health skills, we are offering scholarships for candidates from low- and middle-income Commonwealth countries who have been accepted to study for a Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 12th May, 2017 17.00 GMT.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
Eligibility: The applicant must:
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are lessrepresented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eyehealth
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC /community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye healthactivities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eyecare
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 12May, 2017.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Several scholarships are made available each year. Each scholarship covers course fees, two return flights, dissertation project funds, living costs and accommodation at the International Students House in Central London.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program
How to Apply: Download Application: CEHC 2017.18 – MSc Scholarships Application. Word Doc.
Download and complete the form and submit to the ICEH Student & Alumni Engagement Officer – Romulo Fabunan at Romulo.Fabunan@Lshtm.ac.uk by the deadline
Award Provider: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine