Apply for Nigerian Bottling Company 2016 Technical Skills Development Trainee Programme
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited, member of the Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) – anchor bottler for Coca-Cola with the franchise to bottle Coca-Cola products in 28 countries. We bottle Coca-Cola products in Nigeria, offering iconic non-alcoholic beverages such as: Coca-Cola, Fanta , Sprite, Schweppes and Limca in the sparkling beverage category; and 5 Alive and Eva in the still beverage category. Our vision is to become the undisputed leader in every market in which we compete. Our mission is to refresh our consumers, partner with our customers, reward our stakeholders and enrich the lives of our local communities. In line with our mission of enriching the lives of our local communities, we train and equip youths with employable skills in vocational areas, who will subsequently contribute to Nigeria’s capacity development.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: 2016 NBC Technical Skills Development Training Programme (Trainee Technician)
Job Reference: TTC/06/2016
Functional areas: Manufacturing
To achieve this, we are seeking to admit qualified young Nigerians of sound character and learning potential to undertake an 18-month intensive training programme on technical skills development in the following areas:
- Basic Bottling Process
- Industrial Mechatronics
- Automation and Process Control Engineering
- Machine Shop Operation
- General Fittings and Welding
- Utility Maintenance and Operations Successful candidates will enjoy tuition-free non-residential training at our Technical Training Centre located in Ikeja, Lagos, for a duration of 18 months.
Trainees will be exposed to classroom, hands-on sessions and on-the-job training experience at any of our bottling plants in Abuja, Asejire, Benin, Challawa, Enugu, Ikeja, Jos, Kaduna, Maiduguri, Owerri and Port Harcourt. While on the program, trainees will be prepared for the City & Guilds (London) external examinations. Upon successful completion of the program, they will receive internal certificates of participation and may be offered permanent employment as Technicians or Technical Operators with the Company.
Desired Candidate Profile
Candidates must possess the following qualifications among others:
- Higher National Diploma or its equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from recognized and accredited institutions.
- Industrial experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience needed: 1
- Note: Only applications received on this website will be considered for review and pre-selection and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email or by phone for Computer-Based Tests and further screening.