Catholic Relief Services 2016 International Development Fellows Program (APPLY HERE)
The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program, or IDFP, is an opportunity for people interested in careers in international relief and development with a faith-based organization to experience our programs overseas. Each year, CRS places approximately 20–30 fellows in our country programs. Assignments, of approximately 10 months, start in late August. Specific job responsibilities vary from country to country, but usually include work in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, education, microfinance, or a combination of these.
The goal of the IDFP is to place fellows in positions where they can draw on their previous education and work experience, while broadening their skills. Most of our fellowships lead to permanent positions with CRS.
Application for August 2017 deployment
The IDFP application is open. Since we accept applications on a rolling basis, there is no set deadline, but priority consideration will be given to applications received by December 1, 2016.
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to international development
- Professional proficiency in French (preferred), Spanish or Arabic
- At least 12 months overseas work or volunteer experience in a developing country
- Strong cross-cultural skills, with the ability to adapt to the local culture
- Ability to operate effectively in a stressful, fast-changing environment with potential security risks
- Fluency in English, with strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Interest in a career in development or emergency relief with CRS
- Commitment to CRS principles
- Desire to work for a faith-based organization
CRS provides the following benefits to fellows:
- Annual stipend of $25,622
- Cost-of-living adjustment
- Furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country of assignment
- Medical evacuation insurance
- Medical, dental, life, travel, accident, and personal and household effects insurance
- Basic life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave, and 12 paid holidays
- Language assistance