Chris Ejik Group Job Recruitment for a Facility Engineer
Incorporated in 1987, Chris Ejik Group is a multi dimensional company with interest in Power Generation & Transmission, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Products, Electronics, and Agro Allied Products. Carving a niche for itself, Chris Ejik Group and its subsidiaries operates in several sectors of the Nigerian economy and is on the move to cover more grounds.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Education / Teaching
- Participate in the analysis and documentation of short and long term infrastructure/facility requirements/needs.
- Inspect buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair, making notes and recommendations using pre-established inspection log at regular intervals.
- Articulate the short and long term infrastructural requirements of all business units and establish an acquisition plan to meet these requirements.
- Plans and implements the design of plants, offices, and production lines in order to maximize the use of available space and improve production efficiency.
- Liaise with the Finance and Accounts department to ensure that the required items are provided for in the budget.
- Ensure required utility bills are paid in a timely manner.
- Develop/update contingency plans in the event of disaster or damage to the organisation’s facilities.
- Liaise with the Maintenance Engineer in oversee the execution of all routine maintenance, renovations and refurbishment works and activities for the organisation.
- Ensure timely and adequate repairs and maintenance of all faulty utilities.
- Proactively initiate and maintain good relationships with all utility vendors and regulatory bodies.
- Provide input in the formulation of Pharma Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Perform periodic visit to all project locations to ensure compliance with operating procedures.
- Ensure that all CEG facilities are in perfect condition at all time and to notify management of necessary repairs/maintenance to be done promptly as they arise.
- Work with and monitor the performance of all external technicians or contractors where they are engaged to execute specified contract jobs and report to the Executive Director.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out as scheduled.
- Liaise with the maintenance engineer in managing emergency situations that might arise from mechanical/system/electrical failure.
- Work closely with the IT officer in Planning, coordinating, and implementing network and information security measures to ensure that the infrastructure is not compromised.
- Attend to problems reported by the technicians relating to CEG facilities and make recommendations for prompt and timely support requirements.
- Track global and local best practices in facility management and notify Executive Director accordingly.
- Liaise with the maintenance engineer in coordinating the unit’s activities and conduct periodic meetings to define team goals/targets and agree workplans, consistent with the overall departmental business objectives.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates and monitor them to ensure timely delivery of high quality results.
- Manage the interface between teams and across functions in the organisation in order to ensure smooth functioning of the unit.
- Ensure that periodic activity status and performance reports for the unit are prepared for the attention of the Executive Director.
- Periodically review the department’s policies and procedures and recommend improvement opportunities to the Executive Director.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Maintenance engineer in overseeing the implementation of policy amendments once relevant approvals have been obtained.
- Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Board of Directors or Executive Director.
Educational qualifications in Civil engineering preferably
2 years cognate experience
How to Apply
Applicants should send their resume as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 18 November, 2016