Citibank Nigeria Job Opening for a Graduate Trainee Analysts
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Trainee Analyst
Job ID: 80001783
Citi’s Middle East and Africa regional business is looking for full-time Analysts to join the team in various locations across the region.
The Analyst Programme begins in August with a 4-week training Programme in Johannesburg. Formal training begins with an orientation and induction sessions providing an overview of Citi, followed by classroom training sessions. Analysts have the opportunity to meet representatives from the teams that make up the Banking, TTS, Operations and Risk divisions.
The classroom training program is followed by 4 x 3-month rotations across various functions of Citi, including Treasury and Trade Solutions, Corporate Bank and Operations. In some countries analysts have a rotation in Risk, in others this will be replaced with another business area.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. During your training program in Johannesburg you will receive an in-depth education on a variety of topics to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role and introduce you to Citi’s culture. So whatever your degree is in we will give you the training you need to excel. By the end of the program, analysts will have the opportunity to take advantage of internal mobility opportunities.
Your time here will look something like this…
The jobs that you will do and the responsibilities that you will be given will be as varied as your rotations. Below are some examples of the tasks the analyst may be performing during their rotations. These are only examples – you will also often find yourself working on unique projects and process improvements.
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance
- Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers.
- Collaborate within the team to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the region
- Develop an understanding of the cash, trade and sales products and processes
- Track market developments across the region and share geopolitical, economic and banking industry trends that may affect the business with a consultative approach
- Prepare and analyse financials while ensuring actuals and run-rated projections meet the business plans
- Liaise with partners across TTS to capture key client and product pipelines/wins are to be showcased in business reviews
- Develop an understanding of and be able to apply at an analyst level: Risk reporting, spreading, risk ratings, Corporate/FI/public sector Credit Analysis writing, stress testing.
- Understanding projections, scenarios, assumptions and variance analysis.
- Reading and interpreting cash flow statements, balance sheet, income statements etc
- Taking part in client calls / site visits.
- Understanding regulatory requirements and impact on the organization
- Develop a good understanding and appreciation of the operations processes. Understand the functions carried out within the subunits of operations.
- Analyse volumes, address & resolve issues, identify wasteful activities and suggest improvements that can save cost/time/improve processes
- Understand workflow, key controls and key risks linked to various products. Accurately evaluate risks as they relate to key business objectives. Assess the effectiveness of key controls.
- Develop an understanding of the impact of regulatory and financial impacts on the organisation
We want to hear from you if…
- You are in your final year of University or have graduated
- You have a 2:1, a GPA above 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent in any degree discipline
- You have an Interest in business
- You are fluent in both English. Fluency in the local language is required in some countries.
- You have completed your 1 Year National Service
Who we think will be a great fit…
- A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
- Interest in business.
- We will recruit on rolling basis, and therefore encourage you to apply promptly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply