Corporate Salesperson Job Opportunity At Citibank Nigeria
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Citibank Nigeria is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Corporate Salesperson
Job ID: 16071874
Job Category: Sales
Shift: Day Job
- Ensuring that coverage benchmarks are met for assigned customer names
- Nurture client relationships. Support RMs to devise and develop treasury based solutions to meet corporate clients’ needs
- Ensure Citi remains in the dominant position in the market by leveraging on the Citi brand, product depth and professionalism
- Focus on the ecommerce business with a view to embedding the CitiFX Pulse product with corporate clients, and increasing revenue and volumes across online modules.
- Ensuring that all internal process and requirements that relate to customer acquisition and transaction processing are efficiently managed.
- Responsible for originating ideas, working closely with the relationship managers and regional product specialists to deliver value added products and services to key priority customers of the bank
- Ensure that all derivative sales practices meet all Citi standards and comply with local regulations and guidelines, this includes suitability and appropriateness testing of derivatives customers
- Focus on the ecommerce business with a view to embedding the Citi treasury product with corporate clients, and increasing revenue and volumes across the foreign exchange, money market and subscription modules.
- Support RMs to devise and develop treasury based solutions to meet corporate clients’ needs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all back office operations are seamless through to the regional booking center, to ensure that all derivative and structured product sales are captured and monitored appropriately on regional trade and credit systems.
- Ensure that Citi remains in the dominant position in the FICC business in this market by leveraging on the Citi brand, product depth and professionalism, while guiding the introduction of new products to the market to add depth, breadth and future revenue streams for the business
- Formulate and implement all short and medium term strategies for the sales of structured solutions to key priority bank customers. Generate fresh trade ideas, arising out of an understanding of bank customer exposures and implement and sell products to mitigate these.
- RMs/Corporate Finance for marketing structured product ideas to key customers.
- Trading Teams to place customer orders in the market
- Regional hubs for structured sales support and introduction of trade ideas in this market
- Back and middle office to ensure appropriate booking, measurement and compliance with regulations as they relate to derivatives sales
- Direct marketing of large priority customers to identify exposure and sell derivative ideas
- Liaising with customers and Corporate finance teams to embed hedge solutions in Corporate Finance Pitches
- Customers both on and offshore will rely on the sales team for market analysis, forecasts and trends
- University Undergraduate Degree
- Relevant Professional Qualification e.g. CFA, ACA, MBA etc.
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Strong knowledge of markets, local regulations and CBN guideline
- Strong knowledge of Citi operational processes and an understanding of market risk policy and limit monitoring
- Candidate must be numeric with proven analytic skills, decisive, quick thinking and have high energy levels and drive
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to multitask
- Must be highly motivated and have a very competitive nature.
- This is a tough operating environment with strict local regulations that limit the introduction of more sophisticated products
- Counterparts are limited with stiff competition from banks, necessitating the need for product differentiation.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
20th December, 2016