Dangote Group Fresh Job Recruitment In Lagos
Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Carpenter
Function/Domain: Constructions (CONS)
- We are looking for qualified Carpenters to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products.
- The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials.
- Working with little supervision while following all health and safety standards .
- A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail.
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Build window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using raw materials or pre-constructed items
- Lay out floorings, roofings or drywalls ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) according to measurements
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies:
- Proven experience as a carpenter
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Good knowledge of English
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition.
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Experience in Year(s): 10
- Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning lighting, intercom and other electrical systems
- Install electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Connect wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- Prepare and assemble conduits and connect wiring through them
- Prevent breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting
- Install safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
Desired Qualification/Preferred Competencies
- Proven experience as an electrician
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight
- Diploma in relevant vocational training
- Minimum of 10 year(s) experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 25th July, 2017.