The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Job Vacancy for Hygiene Promotion Assistant
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Assistant (National Staff Only)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Level: SB4 (national contract)
Contract Length: 6 months with possibility of extension
Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Hygiene Promotion (HP) Assistant’s primary function is to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up Hygiene Promotion activities being implemented by DRC.
Duties and Responsibilitiess
General Programming & Operations:
- Facilitate formation of community structures in hygiene promotion and strengthening of the existing structures such as WASH Committees through trainings sensitization workshops and other hygiene promotion awareness campaigns.
- Design, develop and implement appropriate HP mobilization strategies for DRC’s WASH projects.
- Develop hygiene promotion work plans for multi-funded projects.
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/ protected water sources.
- Lead the WASH team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to Hygiene Promotion.
- Represent DRC at WASH meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of WASH and Shelter sector at all levels.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting
- Ensure and actively participate in regular sector meetings.
- Ensure integration of WASH activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH and Shelter counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding
- Develop the projects’ M&E tools.
- Monitor and Evaluate WASH Projects.
- Ensure quality control during implementation of WASH activities in accordance to Sphere and National standards.
- Prepare WASH weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to relevant authorities as per need.
- Project implementation and reporting.
- Ensure management of WASH project grants through budget control.
- Conduct daily field visits or as required to ensure WASH tasks are going on as planned and mentoring – through technical back stopping and training of duty bearers.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Contribute to grants management of all WASH projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
- All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environment Health Science, Biological Sciences, Public health or Nursing degrees from recognized institution.
- Thorough knowledge of Hygiene Promotion Approaches and facilitating menstrual hygiene sessions for women and girls.
- Understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- Good IT skills (especially Ms. Office)
- At least 2 years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating hygiene promotion projects preferably in a humanitarian context with an INGO.
- Understanding of rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Experiencing of managing teams
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.