Ecobank Development Corporation (Ecobank Capital) is the investment banking and securities trading company of Ecobank Transnational Inc., the Pan African financial institution with banking and financial services operations across 34 countries in Africa, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. We operate across 5 regional offices in Africa namely: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Cameroun and Ivory Coast.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Corporate Finance L&L (Loans & Liquidity) Head (ENG)
Ref No: 1700000I
Job: Corporate & Investment Banking (inc. Treasury)
- To ensure the overall supervision of the Regional/Cluster Corporate Finance Loans & Liquidity unit, by leading the sales/revenue and analytical momentum, through creation of streamlined processes, structuring and analysis, ensuring and improving the quality and efficiency of the quality of the Loans and Liquidity portfolio in line with CB Strategy and Target Markets.
- To implement within the Region/Cluster, the Corporate Finance L&L overall strategy working with Global, Regional, Public Corporates Clients, High Local Corps as well as Financial Institutions/International Customers.
- To execute within the Country the role of Lending Officer working with Group Risk under designated Risk Control Policies
Business Management & Development:
- Identify and agree with the CB Regional Head the annual revenue target for the Region and affiliate Corporate Bank business.
- Identify and implement appropriate marketing strategies and business opportunities to achieve and exceed the assigned budget for the Region/Country working with the CB teams.
- Structure the individual Country business product lines on Lending ensuring cross sell to Cash Management, and Trade as well as aligned per Clients segmentation (Global, Regional Corporates…), profitability and other performance metrics set by the Line Managers.
- Structure transactions over 365 days (Term Loans), working within the Group Credit Policy Framework.
- Responsibility to ensure transactions structured are carried through to booking and ensuring monitoring in place to cover the life of facilities structured.
- Conduct joint sales calls with CB Heads, RAMs, GAMs, Group Heads and Product Partners to enhance business development opportunities by ensuring customers are sold a value proposition not just a product.
- Work jointly and proactively with the LAMs/RAMs, GAMs, Group Heads and Product teams to increase wallet share within the respective market of the Region and improve the Client’s facilities utilization.
- Ensure the maximization of the Loans and Liquidity revenue lines by providing strong customer services/solutions/products package.
- Responsible for exceeding customers’ expectation across the Region with regard to their Loans and Liquidity requirements, structuring products aligned to the Bank’s Credit Policy.
- Work closely with Credit Risk to ensure that Structuring is aligned with the Credit Process, working with the Business putting transactions through the green light and credit approval process.
Process & Credit Management:
- Ensure credit risk transactions are appropriately structured and approved with issue resolutions as required.
- Identification and marketing strategies/opportunities that will assist in the sales and approval process.
- Run monthly process, account planning and pipeline reporting.
- Provide monthly sales updates to the Line Managers including estimates revenues and customers migration/acquisition grid.
- Manage and track Credit Transactions ensuring facilities are appropriately aligned to Group Risk Policies and duly monitored to ensure facility remains sound and risks are mitigated
- Ensure credit risk transactions are appropriately approved with issue resolutions as required.
People Management & Development:
- Motivating and managing LAMs/RAMs (jointly with CB Heads) to generate L&L business for new accounts and develop them to achieve consistent profitability through a clear process of target settings.
- Encourage and foster a convenient working environment to enable CB teams to achieve and exceed Lending budget through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Conduct regular appraisals to review performance and address promotion, recruitment and recommendation for training of LAMs and RAMs, L&L team members, incentive/rewards awards.
- Ensure appropriate accounts allocation jointly with the various CB Heads. .
- Govern Country account strategies and account problem resolution.
The role implies:
- To build and grow the Regional/Cluster Loans & Liquidity revenues and profit as per agreed budget targets and through strong collaboration and synergies between Clients and Products lines.
- To ensure Loans are well managed, monitored (oversight) and controlled under specified Risk control policies
- To embed strong performance and winning culture within CB to ensure sustainable shareholders returns, minimizing NPLs and Impairment
- Ensure Reserve Base Pricing aligns with Group Policy with maximum returns for the Business.
- To defend and improve CB market leadership in terms of providing quality structured Loans & Liquidity transactions in line with CB go to market strategy.
- To lead and be the CB Business Lending Officer working with Risk Guidance principles.
- Manage/Supervise a team of CB staff (LAM and L&L Teams ) and Products team (where applicable)
- Accountable for the Country CB Loans & Liquidity overall performance and P&L.
- Frequently in interaction with Senior and Executive staff at Regional/Global level.
- At least 15 years experiences in Structuring, Credit Analysis, Sales/ Client Relationship Management preferably in Wholesale/Corporate/ Investment Bank, 5 of which must be at a management level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in relevant languages to the accounts assigned;
- Ability to pull together various resources to sell and deliver customer solutions;
- Inclusive, flexible, internationally savvy and sensitive to client culture.
- At least 8 years Advanced or at least Advanced Credit Risk Analysis and Structuring Experience
- Ability to manage a portfolio of Risk accounts monitoring exposures
- Ability to interact and negotiate with the client organization at the Global, Regional and Local decision-making level;
- Customer focused, Results & Leadership driven;
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field of study.
- Attended Management training programs
- Leadership and people development skills are required, in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships both externally and internally, with colleagues and direct reports.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply