Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operation in Nigeria. The companies’ Oil & Natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Marine Operations Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As a result of organizational growth, career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented individuals.
- We are recruiting super caliber Marine Supervisor with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively interact in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Role Summary
- The successful candidates will provide expert operability and maintainability input in all areas of marine operations and systems.
- This will include key areas such as stability and ballast control, crude storage and export, maintenance of all transfer hoses and CALM Buoy, as well as diesel & methanol tandem loading and diesel transfer management.
Job Role Responsibilities
Overall supervision of marine operations and maintenance on the FPSOs including:
- Maintenance of overall stability of the FPSOs
- Coordinate with Crude Lifting activities, which requires involvement with the various stakeholders
- Inspection programs (Class and Flag)
- Management of field operational movements of the marine support fleet (PSV, Tugs, Surfers and Security vessels)
- Permit to Work System (PTWS) Area Authority for Hull & Marine Systems
- Maintenance program and supervision of maintenance contractors for all marine systems, tank cleaning operations, etc.
- Crane Operations and materials movement
- Overseeing of loading and offloading to tankers via the CALM buoy or tandem offloading
- Export Operations systems including discharge pumps, inert gas, and metering
- Export documentation
- Tank Cleaning for sludge control and tank entry
- Offloading Procedures and Marine Terminal Handbook
Expected Level of Proficiency
The ideal candidates for the position must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- B.Sc in Nautical Science with a minimum of Class 2 Certificate of Competency as Master Mariner (Unlimited tonnage, Foreign Going with Crude Liquid Petroleum Endorsement)
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency is preferable
- Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificate
- Crude tanker experience, with at least five years as a Chief Officer, or similar experience on a FPSO
- Familiarity in Class Certification requirement (BV is preferred)
- Crude Oil Washing Certificate
- Dangerous Liquids Handling Certificate
- Communicates Effectively
- REC – Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Marine – Vessel Machinery and Equipment (Operation and Troubleshooting) (Marine Engine)
- Marine – Managing Liquids Transfer Operations (Cargo, Ballast and Fueling) (Marine Deck)
- Managing Marine Systems (Operation and Troubleshooting) (Marine Engine).
- Shows Initiative
- Applies Learning
- Develops Others
- The position offers competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the Upstream Oil and Gas industry.
Application Deadline 24th October, 2017.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application, as multiple applications may result in disqualification.
- Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers’ page on http://careers.exxonmobil.com/ is placed at the applicant’s sole risk.