Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze Fresh Job Recruitment 2017
Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze, Anambra State, currently invites applications from qualified candidates for the post below:
Job Title: Provost
- Candidates for the post must demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formation, good human relations and positive managerial attributes.
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College. The successful candidate would be expected to provide the required academic, administrative and professional leadership for the the College in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the achievement of the objective for which the institution was established.
- He/she shall foster good report with the relevant organs of the Federal Ministry of Education (FME), National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional bodies that could lead to consolidate attainment by the College of the status of centre of excellence for which the College has been earmarked.
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D Degree from a recognized university in any field of Vocational, Technical or Science Education.
- The possession of professional teaching qualification (minimum- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE), Professional Diploma in Education (PDE) or post graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) including registration with TRCN is mandatory).
- Candidates must be of good conduct, possess sense of discipline, dedication, drive, resourcefulness and be able to command the respect and loyalty of the members of staff and the students of the College.
- He/she must not foster, personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- Candidates must be computer literate
- Have evidence of Community Services.
- Candidates must have held Senior Teaching/Research and top administrative posts in a College of Education system and must not be below the rank of Chief Lecturer, minimum of five (5) years in a College of Education, or a Reader or Associate Professor in a University or equivalent institutions.
- Candidates must show evidence of good track record in result oriented researches, teaching high national and international status in their research achievements.
- Candidates must not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty. Please note that only the date declared by you at the date/point of entry of your existing appointment will be accepted.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years in the first instance and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of four(4) years.
- The salary attached to the post is according to a special scheme of service and consolidated.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application in ten (10) copies with up-to-date curriculum vitae which must include the following information:
- Full names with surname underlined
- Marital status
- Number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, local government area
- State of origin
- Geo-political zone
- Current postal address and phone number
- Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with dates
- Membership of professional association/ bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer status and salary (copy of last promotion)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications in standard form
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees one of whom must be the present employer
- Date available to assume duty if appointed.
Applications should be forwarded to the Registrar and Secretary to the Council:
Federal College of Education (Technical),
All applications should be clearly labeled Post of the “Provost” at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope.
Note: Candidates should request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the Registrar.
Application Deadline: 1st September, 2017.