Gland Oil & Gas (GOG) Job Recruitment
Gland Oil & Gas (GOG) is an independent oil and gas company focused on production, development and gas exploration. We are oil finders, driven to unlock significant new petroleum systems, and to grow and mature discovered hydrocarbon basins through additional exploration success, as well as development and production.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Trading Operator
- The Trading Operator is responsible for the timely execution and implementation of agreed terms & conditions as per the trader’s deal recap.
- The Jobholder is responsible for all operational obligations as stated in the contract and is required to coordinate all service providers involved i.e. inspectors, agents, providers, brokers, vessel owners.
- He/She is also required to negotiate and charter vessels at best competitive rates, terms and conditions.
- Review, negotiate and agree Purchase & Sales contracts are in line with agreed terms as stated in the traders recap and as per Incoterms latest issue.
- Add value to the execution of deals by exercising embedded commercial and logistical options via a pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Revert with constant feedback to the trader on operational stumble blocks/difficulties encountered during operations for future negotiations.
- Negotiate and Control all Trade Operations related costs
- Ensure all nominations; Voyage Order; Loading/Discharge Orders are sent out timely. Monitor Progress of all operations.
- Liaise with finance department to ensure financial securities are in place.
- Vessel Management
- Liaise with counterparties to ensure smooth operations that will avoid delays and minimize demurrage costs.
- Liaise with all relevant service providers (Terminals/Vessels/Inspectors/Agents/Brokers) on a regularly basis; ensuring all post deal activities & operational information are passed on in good time, as well as documentary requirements are met.
- Provide all cost related, Port Information, restrictions and limitations of proposed/intended purchase & supply to the trader.
- HND in relevant course with at least 2 year Experience in Oil Trading Operations, Ship Operations and related logistics roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Forward thinking with natural aptitude for implementing innovative processes
- Ability to work independently; with deadlines in a proactive manner.
- Good knowledge of International trade and the Incoterms
- Good knowledge of Shipping terms
- The Radio Operator works under the supervision of the Marine Supt. and reports directly to him.
- Shall maintain a station log where all occurrences related to the operation of the fleet is recorded including information about every movement of each vessel.
- Shall file all vessels’ requisitions and forward to Marine Supt.
- Have access to the tracking system of all vessels to confirm exact location of each vessel at any given time.
- Shall establish and maintain the vessel watch during escort operations, and record all details of passage.
- Shall maintain email communication with the vessels and file all vessel’s daily reports for Marine & Security.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of OND Certificate in English, Literature or Economic with minimum of 2 years work experience in the relevant field.
- Excellent team work and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Skills in computer applications in MS Word and MS Excel
- Accuracy, High sense of responsibility, Reliability, Punctuality.
- A good knowledge of English Language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 26th June, 2017.