GoUNESCO 2018 Internship Program Application and Requirements
GoUNESCO is an umbrella of initiatives that help promote awareness of and provide tools for laypersons to engage with heritage. GoUNESCO was created by Ajay Reddy in 2012. It is supported by UNESCO, New Delhi. GoUNESCO began when Ajay Reddy saw a tweet posted by Pallavi Savant Pallavi Savant of a photo from a World Heritage Site and asked how many people had been to the heritage sites whose photographs were printed at the back of the entry pass. Ajay Reddy realized that he himself was not aware of half the places. He took it upon himself as a challenge and in 2012, he visited 9 out of the then 28 World Heritage Sites in India.
The GoUNESCO Internship Program (GIP) is GoUNESCO’s global student outreach program. This 6 month program promotes awareness of heritage and culture among young people via fun, educative tasks.
As part of the program, you will be assigned tasks which will make you ex heritage through exploration, research and interaction with people and organizations. Please read about the tasks assigned to interns in the past and current sessions of the program here – link. Depending on your performance, skills and your area of specialization, you may be assigned to specific teams with additional responsibilities.
The application for the GoUNESCO Internship Program (Jan-June) 2018 is open!
No. of Posts: We will not restrict entry by numbers, course, grades, etc – the only thing that matters is your commitment.
Period of Appointment: 6 months (January through June 2018)
Nature of Work: Online and offline
Time commitment: 7-8 hours a week
Entry criteria: Organize a #makeheritagefun activity in your city, follow all instructions and complete all steps including submitting a report after the activity.
#makeheritagefun activity date: 17 December 2017
Deadline for submission of MHF report: 25 December
- This internship will help you discover heritage – around you and across the world from you.
- Networking opportunity with students from across the world
- The internship offers several leadership opportunities during the course of the internship. Several of our interns stay on and continue as coordinators in later sessions
- Selected candidates who complete the required number of tasks will be awarded an e-Certificate of Appreciation from GoUNESCO
- A great work experience!
- Any undergraduate/postgraduate student, who wants to learn more about heritage is welcome to apply! We have had everyone from students studying law to humanities, to engineering, even heritage studies participate in the past. Whoever you are, this intership will engage you with heritage in interesting, fun ways.
- Applications are welcome from people of all nationalities, genders, ages – we do not discriminate.
- The program is primarily meant for college students but you can choose to join even if you are not one currently.
Your application is complete only if all the steps below are completed. If you have any queries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coordinate and organize a #makeheritagefun activity in your city. Fill the form elow and you will receive instructions on your email on how to organize an activity. You can also check here for activity ideas and tips for coordination.
- Involve your friends, family and other heritage enthusiasts or organizations from your city to participate on Sunday, the 17th of December. Tip – your chances of getting into the internship are higher if there are more people applying from your city, so encourage your friends to apply for the GoUNESCO Internship Program too!
- At the #makeheritagefun activity, share your experiences (photos/videos/etc) on social media – instagram/facebook/twitter with the #makeheritagefun hashtag. Make sure all participants share too – this is a global campaign – the more shares, better the chance of your activity getting highlighted.
- Important: After coordinating the campaign, write a report (format will be shared) – include details about the heritage location, and more importantly, your experience organizing the #makeheritagefun activity – upload it here. You can add any number of pictures. Write as detailed an article as possible – instead of text, you can upload videos, embed slideshows, videos, etc too. Do not copy from the internet, always credit if you use external images (original source – google is not a source). Deadline: 25th of December.
For more information, visit https://www.gounesco.com/application-gounesco-internship-program/