Guinness Nigeria Plc Job Vacancy for Sales and Distributor Manager
Guinness Nigeria plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and for the Guinness brand globally being the #2 Market globally by volume. The emergence of mobile phone technology as the primary medium of communications within Nigeria has led to a dramatic shift in emphasis from conventional to emerging media. This role is strategically important to establishing Guinness as Africa’s #1 Beer brand. This role focuses on the step-change in investment and management of Digital Media in Nigeria and beyond.
Sales and Distributor Manager – Mainstream Spirits
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Business Development
Reports To: Mainstream Spirits & Key Account Director
- GNPLC is a major market for Diageo and has historically been involved in the sale and manufacture of beer, Lager, RTDs and Malt drinks.
- The Nigerian drinks market is relatively unsophisticated, but highly dynamic. In that regard, Nigeria represents the greatest spirits growth opportunity available on the continent.
- Guinness Nigeria is therefore expanding its operations and portfolio of brands by venturing into the marketing and sales of Diageo’s already existing rich Spirit brands as well as mainstream spirits.
Purpose of the Role
- To lead, motivate and develop the regional Mainstream Spirits sales structure to deliver the annual operating plan in line with the long term strategy.
Complexity of the Role
- The Nigerian Liquor landscape is complex with major challenges. High import tariffs on spirits and an immature retail market.
- The development of the route to market will be key to unlocking the potential of the Diageo spirits portfolio.
- There is a developed formal On trade channel in the major urban areas whilst opportunities for spirits within the broader Total Beverage Alcohol business are as yet unrealised. Cracking this will transform the Nigerian liquor landscape.
- Managing 2- 3 Area Managers, and average of ten (10) third party Key distributor sales executives reporting to the Area Managers
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
- Lead trade & customer strategy to develop customized annual plan to deliver financial and volume targets for priority brands.
- Develop and activate annual customer account plans (Joined Up Business Plans) to support the delivery of business goals.
- Drive executional excellence through the implementation of business plans, trade term compliance, cycle activation and category management
- Develop and grow a strong & motivated team and build succession.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years commercial experience and Brand Knowledge
- Must be a graduate.
- Master’s Degree may be an advantage
- Great People Skills
- Ability to negotiate at a senior level with customers and distributors
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness Nigeria Plc career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply.