Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is an organisation made up of several corporate entities, focused on supporting local and international Investment through local content strategic initiatives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Financial Assistant
Functional Area: Finance
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
- The Technical Financial Assistant will be vast in corporate finance, financial research, development and presentations with skills, balance sheet projection, understanding profit and loss, strong financial knowledge, local and international financial experience, developing ideas and identifying the right partners, etc.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Assist the financial director in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Adhere to the company’s or organisation’s financial policies and procedures
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the CEO;
- Develop ideas and identify the right partners;
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
Accurate Record Keeping:
- Obtaining and ensuring that the written “know your client” information is on file
- Keeping Anabel Group updated when new policies, unit statements and valuations received
- Ensuring that all client records/files are in keeping with Anabel Group’s standards and information is updated in a timely fashion
- Setting up new client records
- Research and reporting
- Researching markets in connection with Anabel Group/client specific requirements
- Obtaining illustrations along with technical information, performance enquiries and general provider information
- Analysing raw data in making client recommendations
- Preparing files for technical unit
- Liaising and working with the technical unit
- Liaising with clients and other firms to ensure paperwork and technical information is obtained within agreed timeframes
- Answering client admin queries on the telephone, via email and in writing
- Responding to client correspondence in a timely and professional manner
- Making accurate notes to record telephone conversations
- Attending meetings with clients as required
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Meet all regulatory requirements
- Customer Focus: An understanding that the client comes first and client expectations must always be exceeded in order to maintain a good relationship
- Planning and Organising: The jobholder must be organized and able to assist, where required, with the implementation of procedures within the team to help streamline the administration
- Teamwork: The jobholder must work as part of a team, support, share and cascade relevant information
- Communication skills: Will need to be able to deal with people at all levels (internally and externally including clients) and be able to put ideas over clearly and professionally. Good grammar and spelling in order to produce concise, well-structured documents, taking into account the requirements of the reader
- Education: Degree in related course
- Relevant professional qualifications an advantage (MBA is a plus, although not essential)
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years‘ work experience in related field
- The experience required for the professional must be “Corporate Finance”
- Above average financial presentation and design delivery is required.
- Candidates with a strong knowledge and understanding of the equities markets, the stock exchange, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the bond markets, the money markets and the international capital markets.
- Candidate must have a form understanding and use of Bloomberg, Routers and other online data bases to research financial information.
- Candidate must have an understanding of “Investor Relations”.
- Candidates that have led teams or participated in teams that designed, proposed and presented their own projects for funding and gotten funding as a result will be the best candidates.
- Candidates that have prepared spreadsheets for Project Finance opportunities, or for public offerings or bonds issuances.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- Should have Local and International financial knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a pressurized environment with the ability to prioritize.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 19th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org