The Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Fresh Jobb Recruitment for Media Support Assistants
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Support Assistant
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Media Support Coordinator
- Assist in developing materials to support communications strategies and oversee design, production and distribution of all branding/promotional material/corporate items.
- Assist in creating design solutions that have a high visual impact on all stakeholders.
- Assist in developing quality graphic material for Ikeja Electric- e.g. projects and communication material- working on layouts and artwork pages ready for print
- Assist in the concept development of new ideas for IE Projects.
- Liaise with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD); proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Assist in the development of Layouts and art work to ensure consistency with the IE brand
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as InDesign, QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash;
- Assist in developing interactive design; commissioning illustrators and photographers; working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists to drive Ikeja Electric’s brand message.
- Ensure appropriate media coverage for all IE events/activities.
- Assist in the management of all documentation of Ikeja Electric’s events via high quality photos and videos etc
- Assist in the production of materials to be used across board to engage both internal and external stakeholders – Documentaries, Videos, Photo stories, Interview clips etc
- Maintain an archive of Ikeja Electric photographs/videos and other branded material for reference purposes
- To be an advocate for the latest tools, metrics and techniques; advising on media trends and best practices.
- Support with consultations with user departments to obtain multimedia project objectives, specs, and working materials
- Assist in developing concepts and design ideas based on project objectives; participate in brainstorming sessions, produce rough comps and prepare final comps for clients
- Assist in the Design and production of simple to complex multimedia presentations; prepare files for imaging to film 4-color printing, advanced media, and electronic delivery.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the unit Head or Head of Department.
- Not more than an OND in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent visual design and management experience required
- At least 2-4 years management experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and advertising
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices
- Knowledge of HTML and web site management.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must understand Flash and have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process
- Print and web design capabilities: must know how to work in both media for integrated campaigns
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash
- Experience with Adobe After Effects & video editing (a plus) needed for this position.
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML CSS, ActionScript & Drupal
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Passion, Integrity, and Energy.
- Good written & spoken English communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2017.