IMSU 2017/2018 Pre-Degree & Extra-Mural Admission Application and Requirements
Imo State University, IMSU pre-degree and Extra-Mural admission application form for the 2017/2018 academic session is out.
The management of the Imo State University (IMSU) invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for its one year Extra-mural and pre-degree programme admission for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Who can Apply for IMSU Extra-Mural and Pre-degree Programmes.
a. Extra-mural programme – candidates with deficiencies in their O’level exams and seeking remedy examination conducted by accredited public examination bodies like WAEC, NECO and NABTEB or UTME conducted by JAMB. Subjects covered in the programme,include : English Language, Mathematics, Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Government,Literature-In-English,Igbo,Christain Religious Knowledge, Economics,Geography,Agricutural sciences,Computer science, french,History, Commerce and principles of Accounts. Candidates will be required to register on their own with the public examination body of their choice.
b. The Pre-degree Programme is for candidates who already possesses university admission requirements and seek to undergo a year pre-degree study preparatory for subsequent admission into the 100Level Degree Programme of the Imo State University. The programme will be available in the Sciences,Business,Social sciences,Computer sciences,Humanities,Education,Engineering,Law,Medicine and Health sciences
IMSU Extra-Mural and Pre-degree Eligibility.
1. Candidate for Extra- Mural studies must have attempted SSCE/NABTEB with evidence of the subject failed for which remedy is sought.
2 . Candidates for Pre-Degree must possess at least (5) Credit passes at not more than two sittings at the SSCE or GCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or equivalent qualifications. For the sciences,Engineering,Health sciences,Business,Social Science, Law and Education, the five credit include English Language and Mathematics. For Medicine, only one sitting is allowed at the SSCE,GCE,NECO,NABTAB or equivalent qualifications.
3. Pre-degree Candidates are required to take and pass the 2018 JAMB UTME with a pass mark.
4. Candidates should make IMSU their first choice if University in the UTME in their application forms.
5. For a candidate to have a space in the University, he/she must score a minimum of 50% in the First and Second semester exams of the CENTER in addition to the JAMB UTME pass mark
How to Apply for IMSU Pre-Degree/Extra Mural.
(1) Obtain a registration card containing your application PIN Code from any branch of any of the following banks in Owerri, Imo State: IMSU Microfinance Bank, Zenith Bank for the payment of N6,500.00 Application Fee to the cashier.
(2) Create your Application Account on http://18.104.22.168/IMSU/PreDegreeLogin.aspx.
(3) Login to your Application Account using your username and password.
(4) Fill correctly all required information on the Application form.
(6) Submit each application stage on completion before proceeding to the next stage.
(7) Verify and print your fully completed application form.
(8) Take your application form to the screening centre as registration evidence.
NOTE: Scratch cards from unauthorised vendors or previous transaction cannot be used to start this application process. Please purchase your card only from specified point of sale.