International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Latest Job Vacancies 2016
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician I (Field)
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist with all research activities for MARS population, aphid, drought, striga and bacterial blight resistance;
- Assist with field layout and infestation (bacterial blight, inoculums, striga seed etc.);
- Assist with data collection;
- Assist in fertilizer application and planting up to harvesting period and also supervision of casuals;
- Assist graduate students on research project as required;
- Drive and maintain breeding vehicles;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND in General Agriculture preferably crop production, crop protection or related field with At least two (2) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be very detailed and highly organized.
- Have good time management skill
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be able to use a tablet or computer for data collection.
- Have good communication skill both oral and written
- Possess management skills
- Good critical thinking and interpersonal skill.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.