Job Opening at Stanbic IBTC Bank for Business Development Executives
Stanbic IBTC Holdings, commonly referred to as Stanbic IBTC, is a financial service holding company in Nigeria with subsidiaries in banking, stock brokerage, investment advisory, pension and trustee businesses. Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of the Standard Bank Group, a financial services giant based in South Africa. Standard Bank is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings operations in 20 African countries and 13 countries outside Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Executive – SIIBL
Job ID: 29047
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Financial Services
- To grow and develop insurance income for SIIB and deliver profitable revenue streams from within and outside of the Stanbic IBTC Group.
- Expansion of the Stanbic IBTC Group business through identification of revenue opportunities and harnessing of this revenue streams.
- Ensure effective cross sell of insurance products and services across all major product lines.
- Execution of the regional sales strategy to achieve all revenue goals and targets through engagement with both external and internal stakeholders.
Achieve monthly sales target of Insurance brokerage commission:
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly Insurance brokerage commission target
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly/yearly insurance policy target
- Make physical / telephone calls / e-mails to clients for customer interactions
- Organize and facilitate Interactive sessions
- Effectively communicate and follow through, with client requests to Technical Operations /support units
- Maintain and update comprehensive customer database.
- Ensure Client Control files are maintained for all Corporate customers
- Consistently identify value to our customers by leveraging the various resources within the group
- Achieve and surpass assigned new customer acquisition for both personal and business lines
- Identify, initiate and convert leads for SIIBL
- Grow SIIBL wallet share of customer’s insurance portfolio by harnessing and upselling insurance products.
- Provide advice to corporate clients on managing and transferring risk using insurance solutions
- Ensure penetration into Customers own insurance arrangements by harvesting the Banks client base in CIB, PBB and Wealth thereby reducing leakage of potential revenue.
- Operate within the NAICOM guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company.
- Grow SIIBL’s share of mind among clients/ organizations in assigned institutions
- Proffer possible strategies/ways to improve sales and relating to customers.
- Identify key insurance opportunities outside of the Stanbic IBTC Bank network and across the country and appropriately position SIIBL to capture the business and revenue streams
- Grow the SIIB business within the region through regular engagement with prospective clients within and outside of the Group.
Effective Business Communication:
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes..
- The ability to communicate and deliver information verbally in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner to other people, using appropriate props and tools.
Compliance (KYC etc):
- Knowledge and practical application of the requirements for KYC Compliance including the determination of beneficial ownership in complex client corporate structures., The ability to interpret regulations and laws that apply to the business and to provide information to business on how to comply e.g. Insurance Act 2003.
- The ability to use marketing techniques to increase the perceived value of the organisation over time and build customer loyalty through positive brand awareness.
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2017.