Job Openings at the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialised United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people.
IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation. These roles will support this activity at country level.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Programme Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Country Programme Manager (Nigeria) (CPM) is responsible for management of IFAD’s agricultural development programmes in Nigeria, the Nigeria country office, and related staff. The CPM’s duty station is in the country office in Abuja, Nigeria.
Full Job Description
- Each Country Programme Manager is accountable for the IFAD core values of integrity, transparency, and equity in the management of assigned IFAD programmes.
- The CPM’s accountabilities and key results include advocacy for and enhancement of national government programmes that improve the access of poor rural people to natural resources; agricultural technologies; financial services; markets; employment opportunities and enterprise development.
- The CPM additionally promotes capacity building of the rural poor in terms of the skills required for their participation in national and local policy and programming processes.
- The key results expected comprise five broad thematic areas, which are reviewed in more detail in the Appointment Brief, accessible through the links below:
- Country Programme Strategy
- Country Programme Management
- Partnership Building
- Policy dialogue
- Knowledge management
UN P5 salary range: US$ 84,721 – US$ 103,835, net-base salary, plus post-adjustment, not taxable in host country, with standard UN compensation package.
Note: You should receive an automatic message confirming your application. For any queries about IFAD’s applicant portal, please contact: email@example.com
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the Oxford HR online Application using the link below, including:
- An up-to-date CV (no more than 3-4 sides of A4)
- A detailed statement (no more than 2 sides of A4) explaining why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you suitable.
- The Oxford HR Online Form.
- Oxford HR’s Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (optional). Information from this form will not be used as part of the selection process.
Please also go to the link below and submit the IFAD online application form:
Click here to complete the IFAD Online Application For
Application Deadline: 7th June, 2017.