Springboard for Health Communication, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates, for a non-governmental organization, to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Research Officer
Ref. Code: RO01
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Research Officer will work closely with program staff and relevant partners to lead all program monitoring, evaluation, and research activities.
- Provision of technical and managerial leadership for the design and implementation of all research as well as routine monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Additionally, this position guarantees that best practices are used in all research/M&E activities and ensures accurate evidence is provided to internal and external audiences through dissemination, global conferences and peer reviewed articles
- Coordinate the design, analysis and reporting of program activities (including quantitative and qualitative studies) in collaboration with other program staff
- Contribute to the development of project work plans, budget and program evaluation design or as required by the different donors.
- Assist staff and partners in translating research findings into evidence based programming and policy formulation.
- Ensure quality and timeliness in all data collection, analysis and report writing for all activities.
- Assist with overall Monitoring and Evaluation Research and Learning (MERL) strategies and activities for the organization and projects
- Ensure that current methods and technologies are used for all research and evaluation activities.
- Present project results and research findings at conferences both at national and international level.
- Prepare documentation for and liaise with IRB/ethics committees and ensure compliance with guidelines concerning human subject research.
- Collaboratively publish evaluation results and research findings in project documents and professional journals
- A Doctoral Degree (Ph.D., Dr.P.H.) in Public Health (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Policy) or Social Science (Sociology, Economics, Political Science) preferred although individuals with a Master’s Degree will be considered.
- A minimum of five years combined work experience with national and international NGOs with hands-on expertise in empirical research, quantitative and qualitative data analysis and research writing will be given preference
- Experience in gender analysis and knowledge management within NGOs and other sectors may constitute an added advantage.
- Background in research writing, emerging technologies and methodologies for research would also be highly desirable.
- Applicants with more than 3 years of experience in the field of public health research with evidence of 5 research and scientific publications to their credits may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), data base (Access), and statistical computer packages (Epi Info, STATA, SPSS, SAS). Experience with qualitative packages (NVivo, Atlas.ti) desired.
- Strong management skills, including experience in project administration, supervision of field staff, and communication among national staff and partners.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nigerian languages.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
- 25-30% Travel time.
Job Title: Social Media Officer
Ref. Code: SMO01
Employment Type: Full Time
- To administer the organisation’s social media marketing and advertising.
- Deliberate planning and goal setting evolving from a coherent social media strategy. Development of brand awareness and online reputation as well as content management in consultation with program team. Search engine optimization (SEO) and generation of inbound traffic
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop an overarching social media strategy which aligns with organization’s strategic direction and project activities
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the organization’s target customers.
- Create visual content from savvy designs using infographics, photos and data in a unique and compelling way that presents the insights. Some of these tasks will include a strategy for web development and making the online interfaces user friendly and appealing
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions especially across projects and events.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Instagram, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Develop and execute a promotion strategy in adherence with requisite approval and embark on deliberate efforts to promote and engage the online community
- Interface with media team on conventional news promotion and ensure synergy with online events
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI). In consultation with the program team, identify key performance indicators such as audience profile/growth, engagement, content reach, feedback (positive and or negative) etc
- Provide inputs to Knowledge Management including Corporate Communication component of the organization (development of case studies, success stories, newsletters, contribution to the website, support reply to requests from programme partners, etc.).
- Liaise frequently with M and E to ensure best practice communication measurements
- Degree/qualification in Journalism, Mass communication or equivalent up to 4 years’ work experience in a related sector.
- Previous experience serving as a social media officer with reputable track record to show
- Ability to work effectively in fast paced programme environment, and familiarity will local culture across regions in Nigeria
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills are required for this post
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with a wide range of people, including public officials, the media, and consultants to deliver programme objectives
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the program and other duties as required.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the organizations area of interest.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan.
- Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain relevant
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Job Title: Human Resources & Administrative Manager
Ref. code: HRM01
Job Type: Full Time
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Operations/Logistics Officer
- To primarily manage the Human Resource function of the Project within Corporate, statutory, and professional guidelines; as well as provide administrative oversight in for the company
- Support the Executive Director maintaining a high quality human resource management service in accordance with best practice and consistent with the Nigerian employment regulations, and the projects systems and Procedures.
- An aspect of the job is also to provide administrative and logistical management ensuring proper management of operations and administrative functions.
HR Policies and Procedures:
- Support the ED in the development and implementation of the company’s Human Resource Policies and Procedures and various staff management issues as required ensuring compliance to the company’s human resource policy and strategy
- Provide support for continual review and update of HR operating policy and procedure
- Provision of advice that align to current best practice in Human resources through update of job knowledge
- Participate in the development of human resource solution: collecting and analysing information and recommending course of action
- Handle staff recruitment and selection processes – requisition, advertisement, interviewing and placement, as well as staff retention and disengagement in line with organisational HR procedure
- Arrange and conduct induction/orientation programmes for all new hires.
- Provide necessary support to Department/unit heads in the implementation of induction programme for newly recruited employees in a timely fashion.
- Ensure proper management of staff information by ensuring effective maintenance of required databases and files
- Maintain Employees records and work with ED on data accuracy and reporting.
- Take responsibility for the Management of appraisal system systems ensuring that all staff reviews take place in a timely manner and appraisal forms are received and logged appropriately
- Support the ED, technical staff, Department heads and employees to ensure that the company’s strategic goals and performance objectives are met.
- Support with the EDHR Manager in the improvement of managers and employees’ performance by identifying and clarifying performance problems; evaluating potential solutions and implementing selected solutions.
Learning and Development:
- Take responsibility for the development and management of a training calendar in accordance with company requirements, for all staff, and provide support to staff in the identification of relevant training, training institutions etc as required
- Prepare training plan/programmes for all employees after appraisals and conducting of skill audit.
- Facilitate internal learning events and workshops as required e.g. facilitate the development of training materials for in- house training.
- Facilitate best learning interventions in functional area to ensure business impact is maximized
Consultancy Services Functions:
- Give support as may be required to the HR/Consultancy Manager in the provision of an adequate consultancy support services for the company’s programmes in key areas.
- Assist as necessary in the management of consultant contracts (TAs and PSAs), invoices and various issues ensuring appropriate liaison with the Finance unit
- Support the day-to-day administration of the programme consultancy database in order to search for and identify consultants in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring regular update
- Supervise the Operations and Logistics Officer or their designate as may be required in the maintenance of consultants, suppliers and vendors information ensuring accuracy of information.
- Responsible for overseeing all the administrative, logistics, and facilities needs of the organisation
- Ensure provision of administrative and logistical support to the ED programme team by proper management of the logistics and operations team
- Establish retainership agreements with contractors for the maintenance of the office and all other assets ass may be required
- Establish a communications network with key stakeholders within the Abuja and project locations
- Ensure all office records are filled accordingly. This includes ensuring the maintenance of an up to date asset register
- Facilitate development of a list of preferred providers of accommodation and training facilities
- Ensure the smooth running of the state offices by ensuring adequate supply of office equipment and strict compliance with health and safety regulations;
- Ensure operations team provide relevant support in preparing budgets for training events and workshops;
- Support the Finance Officer by providing relevant financial information to inform the production of cash flow forecasts etc.
- Ensure effective coordination of line managed staff and proper delivery of duties; establish good and considerate working relationships within the organisation, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities.
- Provide directional leadership for the operations and logistics team including Front Desk Officer and Operations and Logistics Assistant
- Ensure the maintenance of a healthy and productive work environment within the organisation
- Take responsibility for their performance reviews as well as personal and professional development.
Extent of Authority:
- Reporting to the Executive Director, responsible for the operations and logistics and providing direct line-management to the Operations and Logistics officer on a day to day basis, this role will require the regular supervision of the HR Assistants and include participation in their annual performance development review.
Special Relationships and Contacts:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the program team, unit heads, service providers, international and national consultants.
Requirements, Academic/Professional Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Educated to Master’s Degree
- Relevant professional qualification (i.e. CIPD, SHRM) or postgraduate qualification in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Proven experience in a human resources management role
- Good IT skills and confidence/proficiency in all Microsoft packages
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Pro-active approach to ensure timely recruitment and mobilisation of consultants
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the programme in other duties as required
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- People Management
- Team management capabilities
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proficient communication skills
- Management Systems
- Organisational skills
- IT skills
- Consideration for others
Job Title: Program Officer
Ref Code: PO01
Responsible to: Senior Programme Officer
Responsible for: Program Assistant
- To provide input to the demand generation activities for the organization.
- Support the behavior change communication program activities with an emphasis on working with partners and teams from various sites and across various projects to implement strategic behavior change interventions in Nigeria.
- Thematic areas will cut across health and areas of social development
- Provide technical assistance for the development of strategic communication plans and materials;
- Provide input into scopes of work for consultants and other communication work specifications;
- Facilitate the design and implementation of training and evaluation activities related to behavior change for example, interpersonal communication and counseling (IPC/C),
- Provide input to all aspects of Behavior Change Communication (BCC) strategy development, implementation and evaluation activities including communication initiatives, mass media, community/social mobilization, health provider interpersonal communication, materials development and training
- Support the development, implementation and coordination of mass media materials,
- Assist in the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of BCC materials
- Liaise with staff to oversee the development and coordination of demand generation and BCC activities especially at the selected communities;
- Use research data and information to inform programmatic directions and decision making;
- Review research and media reports to inform programmatic directions and decision making;
- Participate in strategic planning to identify innovative program approaches that respond to changing priority areas and other conditions;
- Provide proactive program management to ensure timely compliance with project milestones;
- Identify and recommend innovative program approaches in according to changing priority areas and other conditions;
- Provide timely and accurate budget and activity reports in adherence to the agreed frequency or schedule
- In line with CCPN’s directives, contribute to the design of realistic and effective monitoring mechanisms for communication activities and liaise to arrange for consultation and technical assistance as appropriate;
- Collaborate and liaise with the key stakeholders to exchange best BCC practices
- Liaise and coordinate with media unit to ensure visibility and promotion of project activities using conventional and new media in line with donor branding requirements.
- Represent the CCPN in technical working group meetings;
- Write reports and document success stories relating to the project interventions; and
- Liaise with other CCPN financial and administrative staff as appropriate; and
- Perform other duties as considered necessary.
Education and Experience
- Masters degree (M.A., MHS, MPH) or equivalent, and/or 5 to 10 years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have demonstrated experience working international donor public health related projects.
- Significant experience in designing, managing communication programs designed to improve access to quality services
- Significant understanding and/or experience in program development, evaluation and assessment.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and effectively culturally diverse individuals and communities.
- Project management qualification would be an added advantage
- Flexibility to travel throughout Nigeria
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to think and act strategically in the design and execution of public health and social development programs.
- Solid leadership experience in convening and facilitating meetings with diverse populations and communities.
- Solid experience in implementing behavior change communication
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and oral communications. The ability to communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced independent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power point) and Internet searches.
- English fluency (oral and written)
- Ability to speak one of the major Nigerian local; languages would be an advantage
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Ref code: FA001
Responsible to: Senior Finance Officer
- To provide support to the Senior Finance officer in all finance matters regarding all aspects of the organisation finance management
- Support to the day-to-day management of finances within applicable, systems and procedures and consistent with the statutory requirements.
- Assist Senior Finance Officer in all accounts works i.e.
- Assist the Account Officer to manage the financial transactions in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Participate in the preparation of financial reports as required
- Participate in the preparation, management and control of the budget
- Raising of cheques and Cheque Payment Vouchers (CPVs)
- Posting of all CPvs into QuickBooks
- Cash withdrawals
- Cheque lodgments
- Submits transfer instructions
- Payment of cheques
- Bank reconciliation statements of all sub accounts
- Petty Cash Management
- Maintains the petty cash imprest system
- Raising of petty cash vouchers (PCV)
- Cash disbursements
- Posting of all petty cash vouchers into QuickBooks on a daily basis
- Keep accurate records of petty cash and reconcile daily
- Process travel authorization and scope of travels
- Review of travel and activity retirement both from HQ and state offices
- Issues receipts for unused funds and pays directly into designated bank
- Show list of unsettled advances by staff as at month end.
- Ascertain records of consultants and vendors i.e. contracts, Cvs, time sheets and invoices
- Reviews the reports from all the state FA
- Office payment of supplies, utilities, telecommunication, mailing
- Support all project procurements and the inventory/maintenance of all equipment, materials where necessary
- Other related duties as assigned
- B.Sc Accounting (any professional qualification will be an added advantage)
- At least 1-year work experience in finance (NGO experience will be an added advantage).
Job Title: Director of Programs
Ref. code: DP01
Responsible to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Senior Program Office 1 & Research Office
- Support the Executive Director in overseeing the coordination of technical aspects of an ongoing program or project.
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to create new business opportunities for the organization
- Support the delivery of technical programs and activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Support the implementation of short and long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the organization to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Develop comprehensive progress reports on all active programs to be submitted to the Executive Director
- Supervise technical staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Mass Communication or a related subject.
- Post Graduate degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Business Administration etc.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in the field of health communication with requisite management experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of Social and Behaviour Change Communication
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of thematic health and social development areas
The Director of Programs should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Ability to maintain workflow efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Job Title: Driver
Ref code: D001
Responsible to: Operations and Logistics Officer
- To provide driving support to the organisation, while adhering to standard driving regulations and the Nigerian Highway Code
- To support a portfolio of communication programmes.
- All programmes are designed to provide strategic technical assistance at Federal level and in the states in the areas of education reforms and teachers’ skills improvement, aimed ultimately at improving student learning.
- The Driver will be expected to provide driving support to the teams as well as other short term and long term technical specialists thereby aiding in the delivery of both Programmes goals and objectives.
- The drivers and fleet of vehicles form a major part of the programmes’ support teams, and professional drivers are integral to the successful delivery of the logistics plan of each programme.
- Provide a courteous and efficient service to all internal /external customers, and is a valuable first point of contact for external customers visiting the state / country;
- Perform daily vehicle checks and report maintenance needs promptly;
- Drive carefully and safely at all times in line with international driving standards, and checks to ensure that passengers, other road users and the vehicle in his care are safe;
- Ensure that all vehicle reports are duly approved and prepared on a monthly basis; records of mileage, fuel and maintenance costs made available to supervisor on or before scheduled dates
- Maintain a professional appearance by ensuring good personal hygiene, and wears a clean and ironed uniform at all times;
- Ensure that adequate knowledge of the destination and route is gathered before departure;
- Maintain assigned vehicle in a clean and roadworthy state at all times;
- Ensure that approval for repairs is always obtained before taking the vehicle to the garage;
- Ensure adherence to transport policy on vehicle usage;
- Establishes good and considerate working relationships with all staff in the organisation, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities;
- Be available outside standard hours in case of emergency and during missions;
- Undertake missions work in provinces other than normal location with overnight allowance if necessary;
- Ensure compliance with local administrative procedures required in the event of an accident;
- Be responsible for in-vehicle equipment;
- Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder and line manager.
- Extent of authority
- Reports to the Operations and Logistics officer.
- Special relationships and contacts
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with all programmes staff.
Required Academic / Professional Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Minimum of OND;
- Certified professional driving training (preferred);
- Fluent English & local language;
- Previous experience of working within a multi-national team or project environment is highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in Nigeria;
- Not less than 5 years’ experience in professional driving.
Essential Competencies / Skills:
- Valid category B driving license since at least 5 years;
- To be over 18;
- Demonstrable defensive driving skills (in town and on dirt roads);
- Good communication skills;
- Basic routine maintenance and vehicle handling skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in Nigeria and (state) in particular;
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s of not more than 3 sides of A4 (in a standard CV format) including at least two references, as well as a Cover Letter (maximum 1 side A4) stating the suitability for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org Application emails must indicate the post reference code in the subject line.
- Applications with CVs and Cover Letters should carry full names of the applicant
- Applications received after the deadline above will not be considered.