ACTED – Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
In response to the emergency situation in Nigeria, ACTED recruits to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Finance Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno/Abuja
Contract: Fixed term
Duration 12 months
Starting date: ASAP
Under the authority of the Country Director and Finance Director in HQ, the Country Finance Manager (CFM) will be responsible for ACTED accounting and financial management in-country. The CFM ensures that national legislation is adhered to, and that the country specific standards are applied in ensuring efficient use of resources.
Accounting and Financial Management:
- Commitment of expenditure
- Ensure budget follow-up
- Develop project budgets
- Team leadership
- Internal Procedures and Information Flows
- Master degree minimum in Finance or related area
- 3+ years of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably of large development programs, possibly complemented by academic expertise
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset
- Fluency in English required – ability to communicate in local languages an asset
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Project Management software
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership.
- Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
- Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
- Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
- Additional monthly living allowance
- Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications including cover letter, CV’s and references to: email@example.com under Ref: CFM/NIA
Application Deadline 30th November, 2017.