Job Opportunity at GE Nigeria for Technical Tendering Managers
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Technical Tendering Manager – Low Voltage
Ref ID: 2893037
Job Type: Experienced Posted 7/13/2017
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
- The Alternative Current Substations (ACS) Technical Tendering Low Voltage (LV) Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in understanding customers’ technical issues in Grid Substations, defining the technical solutions for the Low Voltage part (Automation and Control, Substation Auxiliaries) and communicating it both internally and externally.
- Has the experience or expertise to solve Substations Automation, control and auxiliaries problems and optimize the technical solution to be competitive.
- The ideal candidate should be able to develop and execute objectives for self and others. This role has the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned individual and team projects tenders using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Lead or participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
- Recommend, with guidance, the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Participate and present or review in technical and program reviews
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects tenders and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams supporting the assigned project tender
- Implement plans with guidance to meet technical requirements of assigned components and systems
- Develop action plans with guidance to respond to issues/ problems
- Ensure proper coordination with Projects Engineering team at tender stage to incorporate past projects return of experience in new tenders designs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University or College (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in Engineering).
- Good knowledge of Electrical transmission business (in the given area)
- Full proficiency in English and French for this role
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- At least 3 additional years of experience in Engineering position.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.