Job Vacancies at the Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services in Lagos
Alpha Mead Facilities, is an organization with the goal of being the best 3 Facility management companies in the world, currently AMF is present in more than five African countries, in addition, we plan to have another head office in Dubai and also open new offices around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Media Manager (NYSC)
- Manage AMF’s Social Media channels, and create new one to expand the company’s digital footprint.
- Assist in managing AMF’s websites to increase website traffic, reduce bounce rates and improve user experience.
- Support in implementing organization’s content marketing plan
- Monitor and report company’s and competitor’s activities in the media, including daily news bite.
Job Title: Head of Legal and Company Secretary
Leadership and Supervisory Role:
- Provide proactive, in-depth, legal, business-focused advice to management.
- Implement initiatives and processes in order to set standards and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, ethical behaviour and responsibility across the strategic business units and corporate clients.
- Implement key legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial settlement agreements.
- Take a leading interest in the management of the business resources and budget allocation for the business’s legal activity
- Contributes to the business’s strategy and decision making processes alongside other departmental leaders.
- Analyse and identify the legal risks and implications of all of the business’s transactions with corporate clients.
- Informing the senior management in all departments of the business information of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the SBUs
- Responsible for ensuring that all allegations of legal misconduct are reported in a timely manner to the executive team in an attempt to maintain integrity within the business
- Manages legal risk within the SBUs by taking responsibility for providing legal advice to respective business’s senior leadership on all legal matters affecting their individual business transactions;
- Provide senior leadership across the business with strategic and operational guidance, aiding them in the management of litigation issues such as contract disputes and product liability
- Review and provide advice to the business upon request on matters concerning applicable contracts required for operation of the business
- Instruct and assist external legal partners where necessary in identifying potential legal risks and assessing the issues impacting legal risk, which ensures that all of the business’s risk management approaches are viable.
- Works with departmental leadership and key stakeholders across the business in overseeing and ensuring legal compliance across the business, maintaining the business’s integrity both internally and externally (reputational risk)
- Work with departmental leadership across the business in identifying and managing potential legal risk
- Ensures that there are efficient systems in place relating to compliance of high impact policies such as anti-bribery and corruption, financial transaction compliance, and so forth
- Organise and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees and annual general meetings (AGMs);
- Take minutes, drafting resolutions, lodging required forms and annual returns with Companies House;
- Follow up on actions from meetings;
- Deal with correspondence, collate information and write reports, ensure decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies;
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval;
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Manage matters related to insurance and property;
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels
- Attention to detail and a well-organised approach to work
- The capability to work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
- Management skills
- Team working skills
- The ability to prioritise work and to work well under pressure
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- Commercial frame of mind
Job Title: Facility Manager
- The Facility Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the facility through implementation of policies, procedures and programs required by the client and the company.
- The ultimate goal is to assure a well managed well maintained property or portfolio of properties with emphasis on positive and timely response to the concerns and needs of the clients occupying the property
- Conduct periodic unannounced property inspections on weekends, nights and early mornings to determine the performance of key service providers, i.e. janitorial service, landscaping, security, technician/handyman services, etc.
- MBWA – Manage by walking around.
- Involvement and input required with the Portfolio Manager for the selection of service providers.
- Assure full compliance of all service providers with property specifications and standards.
- Responsible for daily inspection and supervise Preventive Maintenance plans for the following:
- The building including ceiling, walls, floors, windows, etc.
- The generators
- All offices within the building
- The premises grounds including the parking facilities.
- Sanitation with a strong focus on the toilets.
- Possible annex locations within the facility.
- Oversee the correction of maintenance issues that relate to the interior space and exterior of the building, as applicable.
- Manage property to identify, prevent, address, and eliminate all environmental, health and safety issues.
- Conduct regular periodic fire and life safety inspections.
- Provide for records destruction services as needed to protect proprietary information.
- Monitor utility usage and make adjustments in usage patterns to minimize costs.
- Provide project management services for small projects as directed by management. Additionally, the Facility Manager is involved and serves as a resource for all interior planning, furniture reconfiguration and internal moves of the clients.
- Conduct periodic property review to prepare and maintain plans for handling major storms, security risks and other extraordinary events.
- Maintain liaison relationship with Landlords or Landlord Representatives.
- Review and understand Leases.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports, including an operations summary of completed and planned operations activity.
- Assist Project Management and Engineering, Design and Construction personnel – protect the property.
- Provide for the provisioning of administrative / office services as needed by client occupant organizations.
- Respond positively and promptly to daily client needs.
- Assure consistent approach to addressing client needs.
- Lead team meetings.
- Conduct periodic customer surveys.
- Advise clients of fire hazard and regulatory compliance requirements in your workspace.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual operating budgets and implement the day-to-day management of the facility within the parameters of the budget.
- Receive, review, code and sign supplier invoices.
- Maintain ongoing communications with head office Accounts Department and appropriate Accounting Manager.
- Site Float Management
- Develop capital requirements and budget as required.
- Provide services and contact information updates required.
- Supervise and direct the work of assigned employees/contract staff.
- Annual review of staff performance.
- Ensure compliance with all training activity and schedules for subordinates and team members, working within the Company policies and procedures.
- Keep emergency contact lists up to date and distributed to the necessary people, i.e. immediate managers, security.
- Maintain emergency procedures.
- Maintain fire safety plans.
- Strong interpersonal/Communication skills
- Good Reporting and administrative writing skill
- Diplomatic, tactful, discreet, flexible, resourceful, dependable,
- Problem solving and conflict management
- Customer service-oriented
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Information gathering and information monitoring.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV’s to: email@example.com using MCC as the subject.
Application Deadline: 15th May, 2017.