Job Vacancies at Cummins Nigeria for Project Managers and Cost Accountants
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – TEC
Job ID: 170003BT
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area.
- Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learnings with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
- Issue Management- Aware of the steps to develop and manage change, including issues and risk, for a project.
- Cross functional Knowledge- Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders on a project or groups of projects. Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder.
- Business planning/strategy- Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance. Knows when, where, and how to get assistance. Attends conferences, interfaces with local community organizations and committees, and gathers and shares resources in the local market assuring alignment to local government requirements.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, university, or equivalent post-secondary degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Public Relations, Environmental Sciences or relevant subject required.
- Minimal relevant work experience required.
- Some practical experience working with community organizations preferred.
- Serves as an internal resource for Corporate Responsibility issues.
- Business Units and functions to develop appropriate internal and external activities and employee involvement plans.
- Begins to develop and sustains relationships with external community partners and organisations.
- Drafts reports on Corporate Responsibility activities, including participation rates, successes, and input for improvements; assists in implementing activities relating to external public relations, marketing, recognition, and awards to support Cummins’ Corporate Responsibility efforts locally and globally.
- Attends conferences, interfaces with local community organizations and committees, and gathers and shares resources in the local market.
- Serves as a resource on projects and work assignments; identifies, tracks and works with others to resolve project issues; monitors and communicates project status to project teams.
- Implements segments of the Cummins Corporate Responsibility strategies; coordinates with
- Assists in budget planning and tracking, research, and analytical support; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Assists with managing project risk
- Documents and shares team learning’s with other teams; draws on other experiences to enhance the success of the project.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Job ID: 17000387
- Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial/operating reports, and/or budget.
- Performs complex duties related to preparation and analysis of financial information to record transactions, prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Conducts research and analysis on complex issues, and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on analysis.
- Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management, and operates in a lead capacity in making remedial changes to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
- Makes appropriate journal entries to general ledger.
- Compiles, consolidates, and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
- Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Leads monthly and annual reconciliations and close activities for assigned accounts.
- Coaches less experienced Accountants.
- College, University, or equivalent Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- The ability to work accurately, meet deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of International financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) and US GAAP is an advantage
- Computer literacy i.e., MS Word, MS Excel and experience on computerized accounting packages
- Progress toward Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant or similar certification preferred.
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing Environment is a requirement
- Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required.
- To be responsible for Cost Accounting and Cost Management with emphasis on adding value, providing superior decision support to the Financial Controller and business, accurate Financial reporting and ensuring the achievement of financial targets and objectives.
- Assist in the monthly close for Cummins West Africa Ltd. PGBU division
- Lead the Standard Cost Roll Up Process and ensure compliance to Corporate Accounting Policies
- Establish, interpret and implement accounting policies for Cummins West Africa Ltd. PGBU division
- Review compliance with company financial policies
- Enforce internal control processes
- Perform daily interfaces between Oracle Giea and Core Systems
- Calculation of Product Cost and System Maintenance
- Liaise and interaction with external audit/ Internal audit and any regulatory authority.
- General Accounting Support for Sales and Operational Teams
- Ensure Compliance Cummins Company Policies
- Prepare month end journals
- Assist with financial reporting and management accounts
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Responsible for Plant AP function such Invoice Matching, Clearing of Error Correction, and Supplier payments,
- Responsible for Customer invoicing
- Analyze and implement improvements accounting process continuously
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: Ongoing.