Job Vacancy for an Assistant Programme Manager at British High Commission (BHC)
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
British High Commission (BHC) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Programme Manager
Grade: B3 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Political
Main Purpose of Job
- Based in the British High Commission, Abuja, Nigeria, the Assistant Programme Manager sits within the Criminal Justice Team, working to establish a functioning Nigerian Criminal Justice system in relation to complex cases.
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- The job holder will need to have good stakeholder engagement skills in order to build strong networks with decision makers and then use those networks to deliver results
- The job holder will work closely with other members of the Criminal Justice Team, as well as other colleagues in the British High Commission.
- The job holder needs to be systematic and organised in their work, be resilient and focused in the face of a challenging working environment, be able to multi-task and work towards the programmes focused objectives under UK FCO Policy.
- Contributing to individual elements and activities within the programme. Helping devise implementation plans.
- Assist in providing terms of reference for contractors against which to measure delivery. Ensuring the quality and timeliness of contractors’ work against budget.
- Liaising with stakeholders and contractors, maintaining good working relationship for quality service delivery of the programme
- Ensuring payments are made to suppliers and registered accordingly
- Overseeing and organising the logistical and administration requirements for the programme
- Reporting to the Criminal Justice Team Programme Manager.
- Overseeing some of the programme activities and taking them forward.
- Assisting in creating budget plans for the programme and effectively monitor budgets ensuring value for money
- Follow the appropriate Procurement procedures in line with UK FCO’s Policy
- Ensuring that project delivery is in line with Terms of Reference provided to contractors and that deliverables are achieved within time and budget
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Programme management experience
- Stakeholder/beneficiary engagement
- Managing local partners and delivery agents
- Experience in working for the UK government or similar enviroment
- Financial compliance and reporting
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience on implementing programmes in Nigeria
- Required competencies
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting monthly Salary
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Any other post specifics – like information on the application form that is not include on the system
Application Deadline 20th May, 2016
Start Date 1st July, 2016