Job Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) for a Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peace building and Health/HIV programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position:
JobTitle: Emergency Partnership and Capacity Strengthening Manager (P/CSM)
Location: Yobe, Nigeria
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Guided by CRS Nigeria’s forthcoming Partnership and Local Capacity Strengthening Strategy (P/CSS), the Partnership and Capacity Strengthening Manager (P/CSM) will be the primary driver of the CRS NE Nigeria Capacity Strengthening program.
- The successful candidate will also manage ongoing projects while providing strategic support to CRS’ current and potential partners through participatory assessment of their needs; development and implementation of appropriate interventions that will strengthen their institutional, program management; financial and administrative capacities.
- The P/CSM will closely collaborate with the Senior Program Manager for Institutional Capacity Strengthening and Organizational Development, the Emergency Coordinators and the Humanitarian Response Department to develop and continuously improve a NE standard for the methodology, measurement, and implementation of partner capacity strengthening.
- Additionally, the lessons learned from these initiatives will be incorporated into country program initiatives to demonstrate CRS’ approach and success in developing local CSO/NGO capacity to donor entities, peer organizations, local governments and civil society.
- This position is based in Yobe, but covers the entirety of the CRS Emergency Program area – Yobe State and Borno State.
- Given the current relatively more advanced nature of Yobe’s partnerships with local organizations, the P/CSM will spend 70% of his time in Yobe and 30% of his time in Borno.
- Strategic coordination and networking will be done from Yobe with
Specific Job Responsibilities
Strategic Implementation of Partnership and Local Capacity Strengthening and Partnership Representation for the NE (30%):
- Design and facilitate implementation of P/CSS recommendations;
- Ensure CRS programming is in line with Grand Bargain Localisation Work Stream;
- Work with respective CRS Emergency Programs, MEAL and Operations teams to mainstream partnership and capacity strengthening mechanism, clarify necessary HR competencies through use of trainings and curriculum available on CRS Institute of Capacity Strengthening website
- Participate in or initiate any relevant coordination groups focused on Partnership.
- Network with institutions and experts in capacity strengthening within CRS, among peer agencies, and professional circles.
- Coordinating trainings with other organizations; and
- Document cross-organizational learning of CS activities that work well and should be replicated.
- Update or initiate local organization mapping for Yobe and Borno states.
- Upload and regularly update partners information on Gateway
Institutional and Programmatic Capacity Strengthening (60%):
- Identify new partners and facilitate meetings with partners as necessary.
- Collaborate with SPM OD to establish target partner’s organizational capacity baseline through the use of the HOCAI PLUS and MOCA tools.
- Develop partner specific capacity action plans in collaboration with partner teams
- Establish target partner organizational capacity baseline through the use of the SRFM Assessment Tool.
- Manage the SRFM assessment and monitoring calendar.
- Follow up with the appropriate Finance and Program staff to ensure that the country program is in full compliance on SRFM.
- Support partners in implementing their respective corrective action plans targeted at achieving the predetermined benchmarks for assessment topics where gaps were determined.
- Source and/or design and administer technical trainings, learning events, mentoring and coaching specific to each partner’s capacity need
- Systematically monitor organisational growth and required changes, effectiveness and impact and document learning.
- Support emergency program technical staff in the development of comprehensive plans and materials for the incorporation of local capacity strengthening.
- Respond to local government needs for CS in emergency program planning, design, implementation and evaluation, particularly as concerns Emergency Leadership, surge capacity, protection and gender issues, disaster risk reduction.
Emergency Programmatic and Financial Management (10%):
- Develop and produce proposals (narrative and budget) for Emergency partnership and capacity strengthening projects.
- Develop, manage and implement program workplans in accordance with CRS and donor requirements.
- Liaise with Emergency program project managers and country program program managers to ensure the successful and collaborative implementation of project objectives.
- Complete timely programmatic reports across all projects managed.
- Ensure projects are consistently on track to meet quarterly and annual targets in coordination with MEAL team.
- Manage program budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources as well as quarterly and annual forecasting.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of program finances and progress status; review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis.
- Review relationships between partners and CRS, as well as compliance with partnership agreements.
Desired Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
- Knowledge of protection mainstreaming and gender equality issues and sensitive to diversity issues
- Dynamic and willing to take initiative to complete tasks assigned.
- Friendly, strong interpersonal and good communication skills;
- High levels of patience and cross-cultural adaptability and sensitivity is crucial;
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a multi-cultural team and experience in working with groups that cross ethnic divides.
- Ability to travel extensively in sometimes harsh environment and willing to live in a remote location;
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Community Development or a related subject
- At least 5 years work experience in organisational development and training with managerial and technical responsibilities.
- At least five years’ experience of partnership with/ strengthening capacity of local institutions.
- At least three years’ experience implementing programming in an emergency context, preferably in areas of conflict.
- Demonstrated experience working with partners in an emergency context.
- Experience and understanding of capacity strengthening.
- Experience of facilitation and training.
- Experience in Human Resource Development
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Knowledge of and work experience in the North East of Nigeria is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a highly diverse group of professionals
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 5th June, 2017.