Job Vacancy at Cummins Nigeria for Project Manager – Lagos
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – North West Africa
Ref No: 170002QF
- Manages, develops, and implements programs composed of multiple cross functional projects. Partners with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; identifies alternatives or solutions; applies motivational techniques to broad-based organization change issues.
- Leverages experience of cross-functional resources and resources external to the project team; documents and shares team learning’s with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Ensures that project documentation is complete; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members; coaches other Project Managers in managing teams.
- Leads multiple cross-functional projects that may comprise a program from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- In very large programs this role could include the responsibility to work with business and functional leaders to define tangible and measurable business outcomes and to lead the program achieving those business outcomes.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Issue Management – Maintains a cross-functional, cross-organizational project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue’s level of importance. Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan. Trains and/or mentors others in Change and Issue Management.
- Stakeholder Management And Communication – Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders at many levels of the company and across many functions and across boundaries (geography/cultures/plants/suppliers) on high impact, cross-functional or multi-year initiatives on a project, program or groups of projects and programs. Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders. Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder. Trains and/or mentors others in stakeholder management.
- Business Planning/Strategy – Performs business planning (business case, NPV, etc.) and strategic analysis and able to do sanity checks on the data.
- Cross-Functional Knowledge – Understands the detailed work in multiple cross-functional areas. Trains and/or mentors this skill.
- Project Risk Management – Leads complex or large project teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary, and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk. Trains and/or mentors other in this skill.
- Scope Management – Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables. Proficiently uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining document, and proactively manages change. Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech Profiles or equivalent documents). Trains and/or mentors others in scope management.
- Schedule Management – Manages complex schedules integrating multiple sub-projects. Coaches “should mapping” sessions, and/or has an advanced level of proficiency with schedule management tools. Trains and/or mentors others in schedule management.
- Resource Plan Management – Develops, manages, and coordinates cross-functional, cross-organizational resource plans for a portfolio, program, and/or project. Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively. Trains and/or mentors others in Resource Management.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Significant level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
- This role was advertised externally with IRC170886.
- This role was cancelled due to Location error and being advertised again based out of Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply