Job Vacancy at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) for Logistics Officers
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Reports to: The Logistics Coordinator.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
- In light of the increase in violence since the beginning of 2014 that has triggered a massive wave of displacement in the north eastern part of Nigeria, NRC is about to start up an emergency response programme in Nigeria to respond to the humanitarian needs.
- In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC will initially be starting activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors.NRC is therefore seeking a Logistics Officer in NRC Country office in Abuja Nigeria. The Logistics Officer reports to the Logistics Coordinator.
- Supervision and capacities building of logistics team under his supervision
- Implement NRC’s logistics policies and procedures at office level
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Prepare and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists, etc.)
- Implement a filing system/archives according to local requirements
- Conduct spot checks, and regular stock counts
- Ensure NRC stocks/assets management system are in place and followed at field level
- Ensure all NRC assets/premises are in good conditions and monitor maintenance/repairs if required.
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency principles in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management, warehousing)
- Identify suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with NRC logistics Guidelines.
- Receive purchase requisitions and source bids & quotations for the purchases of goods and services in accordance with NRC procurement procedures and tools.
- Assess, negotiate and issue purchase orders & contracts to suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in accordance with NRC value for money principles
- Monitor the use of vehicles and follow up with drivers on the use of the movement board
- Prepare vehicles car pool reports and maintenance reports on a monthly and send to the Logistics coordinator.
- Prepare generators reports (fuel consumption and maintenance) on monthly basis and send to the Logistics coordinator.
- Ensure proper handover, including signatures, for all equipment allocated to NRC staff.
- Ensure proper filing of all documents relative to assets management as per NRC policy (Loss and damage report, Asset transfer is tagged in collaboration with Logistics Coordinator.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure prompt and accurate delivery of goods and services as per purchase order & contracts, invoices, delivery notes and packing lists.
- Maintain proper files of procurement documents (Purchase requisitions, quotations, bid analysis, purchase orders and other relevant documents)
- Ensure accurate procurement tracker is in place and shared on a weekly basis with relevant staff.
- Maintain a proper vendor database with accurate evaluation reports
- Maintain inventory control system for all NRC’s non-assets (furniture, fixtures, low value equipments and materials, etc…)
- Conduct regular spot checks of stocks and inventories (stationaries, assets and non-assets).
- Responsible for vehicles and generators fleet management, including daily management of drivers
- Relevant University degree, or other relevant educational background combined with relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Minimum 2 year experience from working with Logistics in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Proven experience in custom clearance
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: 01 August 2017
- Contract period: 31 December 2017 (with possibility of extension)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s directions
- Duty station: Abuja, FCT,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letters and updated CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The title of the position (Logistics Officer – Abuja) must be clearly indicated as the subject of the email.
- Any application received after the deadline will not be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply to this position.
Application Deadline 7th July, 2017.