Joint National Association of Persons Current Job Recruitment, 2017
The Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities (JONAPWD) is the only umbrella body of all associations (clusters) of Disabled People’s Organization (DPOs), as well as civil society organizations working on disability issues in Nigeria recognized by governments at national, state and local levels. JONAPWD has existed for over one decade, promoting the rights of persons with disabilities (PWDs); advocating for inclusive laws and policies; and engaging with all sectors and stakeholders in the society to enhance social inclusion of PWDs. JONAPWD serves as a major institutional hub of disability information resources in Nigeria.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Volunteer
- JONAPWD is updating her Volunteer’s Database across the federation, hence, seeking a pool of qualified persons as VOLUNTEERS Nationwide.
- Volunteers shall work across the 36 states of the federation and according to roles and responsibilities assigned to them in tandem with JONAPWD’s Vision and Mission Statements as an umbrella body of all Disabled Peoples Organizations in Nigeria.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in disability-based programme management; public relations, HR.
- The Volunteer must be a graduate with at least a First degree across all related disciplines. A post graduate degree is an added advantage.
- Appreciation for confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Tact and diplomacy
- Strong administrative skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Power point, Ms Word e.t.c.
- The ability to coordinate while working as part of the team
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (a one-A4 page typed application including recent passport size photos) addressed to “The President, National Secretariat, Joint National Association of Persons with Disabilities” via the address below:
Suit 104 Gambo Sawaba Block,
National Women Development Center,
Central Business District,
And also, candidates are required to send their current CV’s (Prospective Volunteer’s State of Current location/residence should be boldly written on the CV) to: firstname.lastname@example.orgNote
- No phone calls will be entertained (mails only: email@example.com)
- Female PWDs are strongly advised to apply.
- JONAPWD is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on gender, race, and religion e.t.c.
- Additional inquiries should also be directed to the above address.