Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Latest 2016 Job Vacancies at Stanbic IBTC Bank
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Senior Human Capital Business Partner – CIB
Job ID: 16615
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Human Capital: attracting and retaining key talent, providing learning and development initiatives, governance of performance management and reward schemes, centres of excellence to drive and embed Standard Bank values and culture.
- To develop and implement HC Strategic solutions aligned with business needs and expectations.
- To advise BU Leaders on People related issues and themes.
- To act as a business partner to the business by embedding the group’s HC Strategy and by providing professional HC guidance and support to relevant client groups to add value to the business.
- To ensure the most effective utilization and development of the banks Human resource in line with Group strategies and values in order to maintain high standards of professionalism and service quality.
- Provide thought leadership on Human Capital management to business exco, and to the group’s Management.
- Lead change management, organizational design and other organizational transformation initiatives.
- To develop and implement initiatives in consultation with the BUs that will help Stanbic IBTC become the Employer of Choice and to strengthen Stanbic’s employer Brand.
- Develop, review and recommend HC policies and procedures to enable the business to develop its business strategy.
- Review and reengineer HC Consultation activities to improve service delivery to embed and discipline and standards in all HC Processes.
- Report on HC activities to the relevant CIB EXCO and Country EXCO in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HC services and processes.
- Embed a customer service culture through HC initiatives and participation in Country initiatives.
- Develop and implement a Consulting Model that will ensure HC initiatives are aligned with Business expectations
- Engage HR Specialist Units and incorporate expertise in the development of BU Specific solutions.
- Develop and Implement a thorough workforce plan for the BU that will deliver a sustainable talent pipeline
- Drive participation and engagement in Organizational Learning, Talent Management, Engagement and Leadership initiatives within the BU
- Promote the performance culture, encourage BU leaders and employees to take ownership of individual and team performance
- Advise BU Leadership on appropriate reward strategy to recognize high performance and support achievement of business plans in line with Group guidelines and best practice. Ensure internal equity amongst all staff with fair and consistent policies
- Build and develop a professional HC Business Partners to support the delivery of business strategy/performance
- Champion initiatives to support leadership development and acculturation throughout the group.
- Provide expert advice and coaching to employees where appropriate
- Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve HC policies and practices to enhance overall business performance
- Raise the profile of the bank among other peer organizations in the Region through regular networking and building effective relationships with the government and regulatory authorities and maintaining professional best practice
- Ensure that all staff related policies, procedures and practices comply with local regulatory requirements, reflect best practices and are within Group policies
- Support the establishment of operational risk controls, key risk indicators and risk management procedures relating to HC service delivery, resourcing and day to day management of the HC function
- To participate fully and support all group activities geared at the development of the business, managing business risks or any strategic goals of the business
Key Performance Measures
- Advise the BU Heads and EXCO on People related issues
- Promote and enforce consistency in HC policy implementation in the BUs
- Builds networks within the Group and industry to share best practices
- Advocate and promote discipline and service orientation among HC team
Problem solving, planning and decision making
- Decisions that are within the purview of the role
- Operational decisions within HC Business Partners
- Proposal generation and review for all policy changes
- Decisions for which sanctions/approvals have to be taken from the higher authority issues that may impact on the entire organization or have a spill-over from the distinct BU will require consideration and approval from Country Head-HC
- A very high degree of judgement ability is a critical requirement in almost every aspect of this job. Examples include; Judgement is primarily required is assessing, evaluating and choosing between different often-conflicting options in relation to human resources strategy, resource management, HR Operations to build internal efficiencies, manpower planning and compensation strategy aligned to drive business performance. Forecasting manpower needs and deciding on appropriate course of action careful evaluation of remuneration policies to ensure equity and recognition of market trends.
- Handling sensitive issues and counselling staff
- Formulation of appropriate HC strategies and policies with full cognizance of future implications and effective alignment of key business drivers.
- Country EXCO
- BU EXCO
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess a minimum of second class lower Degree in any discipline.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 – 15 years’ generalist experience in human capital
- A professional or relevant post graduate qualification is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of analytical ability
- Commercially, culturally and diversity aware, high sensitivity to the social, economic and political environment
- Knowledge of the banking and financial services industry is a distinct advantage]
- High Customer Focus
- Business Knowledge
- Leading & Managing Change
- HR Strategy- Performance, Employee Relations, Rewards, Talent, Learning, Resourcing, OD etc
- Strong leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
2.) Graduate Personal Banker
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016.
3.) Business Banker (North-SouthWest-SouthSouth)
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016.
4.) Relationship Manger – Workplace Banking
Deadline: 2nd May, 2016.