Latest Job Recruitment at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1.) Case Management Officer
- This position is responsible for ensuring proper and quality implementation of the Case management component of the Child protection programme.
- S/he will need to co-ordinate with other Emergency Response team members and SC staff, especially Implementation Management, health, education and other relevant technical sectors, to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response.
- S/he will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios.
- Depending on the situation the specialist may need to take a very active role in technical co-ordination, support and advocacy with the country specific child protection Clusters and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant to the sector.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Facilitate all trainings on case management for case workers
- Collate and compile all work plans and share with SCI weekly.
- Conduct referral and protection mapping (any other assessments)
- Lead the formation and initial training of foster parents
- Ensure meetings and activities hold monthly
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required.
- Facilitate mentoring and coaching of case workers on various topics, as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Maintain documentation and CPIMS systems at the community/state office level: under the guidance of CPIMS Officer, Work with the SCI Field Manager to ensure that all financial activities conducted in camps are properly documented in line with Donor procedures and with SC policies.
- Ensure all cases are case managed with confidentiality clause adhered to
- Coordinate case conference meetings
- Daily supervision of the Child protection case workers.
- Ensure that case workers are trained on UASC and registration of the children
- Ensure the quality of the inter-agency case management tools
- Report general protection issues present in the camps to SCI protection Advisor
- Participate in the CP assessment and analysis process
- In coordination with the CP team, support regular participatory activities with different groups of children to identify issues affecting children in camps and assists team to develop appropriate responses.
- Must adhere to the child safeguarding and protection policies and reporting standards.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent in Social Work, Social Science, Development studies or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- Between three and four years of work experience in Protection work, supervision, community mobilisation and distributions and solid understanding of the actual Nigeria Emergency context.
- Proven ability to supervise a CP project with holistic approach and integrated to child protection right
- Speaking fluent English, and other languages of Northern Nigeria is an advantage
- Computer literate
- High level of personal integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
- Excellent communication skills,
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Mature personality with life experience is an advantage
- Able to be a self-started and work in challenging contexts and fragile environment.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
2.) Child Protection in Emergency Officer
Deadline: 24th May, 2016.
3.) National Program Manager (Advocacy and Engagement Lead)
Deadline: 19th May, 2016.
4.) Project Manager – STEER Project
Deadline: 24th May, 2016.
5.) Knowledge Management and Learning Advisor
Deadline: 31st May, 2016.
6.) Nutrition Coordinator – STEER Project
Deadline: 20th May, 2016.