Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Médecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Contract Period: 3 months
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans
- Essential, Secondary education; Commerce related studies desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience in supply chain related jobs
- Desirable working experience in MSF or other NGO’s
- B1 Independent User
- Threshold or intermediate
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s/ Resume and copy of relevant certificates to: email@example.com
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
14 Tennessee Street,
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefited from such acts.
- All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 2nd October, 2017.