Nigerian Bottling Company Limited Job Openings for a Senior Buyer and Corporate Auditor
The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Job Reference: SB/12/2016
Functional areas: Procurement (Indirect Spend)
- The Senior Buyer reports to Indirect Spend Procurement Manager (ISPM).
Purpose of the Job
- Lead and execute sourcing of Facility Management, Production Equipment and or Professional services spend category in the country.
- Indirectly reports to and supports Strategic Procurement Manager & Strategic Procurement Support Manager for the strategic sourcing of the specific category.
- Ultimately responsible for optimizing service levels provided to internal customers for the specific category in the country, in alignment with the Indirect Spend Procurement Manager of each country.
The Key job responsibilities of the role include:
- Analyze spot buys and take actions to reduce in the future.
- Execute spot buys for the category in the country.
- Execute strategic sourcing tasks for the category in the country. Support Strategic Procurement Manager to track savings value creation in relation to country BP.
- Support Strategic Procurement Manager & Strategic Procurement Support Manager in executing strategic sourcing for the category.
- Perform local communication on new contracts.
- Upload scanned contract in the system, update master data, and enable contract.
- Build supplier relationships that generate value for both Hellenic and the supplier over time for local categories in alignment with SPM & SPSM.
- Monitor SLA’s and KBI’s for assigned categories to country stakeholders.
- Follow-up on claim management process.
- Manage internal customer relationships for local categories in alignment with Spend Procurement Managers, SPM & SPSM.
- Support the introduction of new processes and systems.
- Ensure CSR strategy implementation in alignment with the predefined standards and guidelines. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Support Strategic Procurement Manager, Strategic Procurement Support Manager and Country Procurement Manager to integrate procurement indirect category savings in country BP.
- Contribute to manage knowledge of category.
- Check invoice accuracy and completeness.
- Introduce new suppliers.
- Maintain master data, including Purchase Info Record and catalogues. Manage contract expiration and maintain contract.
- Measure and improve contract utilization.
Desired candidate profile:
- University Degree (Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Legal or similar)
- Knowledge in the category or in procurement (CIPS certification is a requirement for the role)
- Masters degree or MBA will be of added advantage
- High level CAPEX purchase experience is an asset.
- Working experience in a cross cultural environment and in a matrix organization preferable
- At least 3 years of experience in SAP, other ERP system with focus on Purchasing
- Knowledge of E-Sourcing/E-bidding is an added advantage
- At least 5-6 years of experience working for an industry related to the category, or in Procurement, Engineering, Logistics, MRO (Maintenance, Repairs and Operatons) and Facility Management.
- Successful track record and development potential
- Time management skills
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Managing Diversity
- Good Presentation Skills
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th December, 2016.
Job Title: Corporate Auditor
Job Reference: CA/12/2016
- The Corporate Auditor will ultimately deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd – both plants and its depots and ensure key objectives of the department are achieved.
- The Corporate Auditor will report to the Full Scope Audit Manager.
- He/She might also have to report to any of the Unit Managers within the Internal Audit Department during some audit assignments.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Deliver high quality financial and operational audit reviews across NBC
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and investigations
- Communicate audit observations, related risks to clients.
- Conduct audits of the Plants/Functions and provide objective view on the control environment
- Conduct special reviews and investigation when the need arises and documentation of reports
- Provide supporting documents on observation raised.
- Execute annual audit plans in an effective and efficient manner.
- Resolution of complex problems arising during projects
- Development of cost-effective, value-adding recommendations.
- Assess Plants/Functions compliance with Group policies, local policies, local regulations, etc.
- Timely Reporting of audit observations from audit projects Deliver high quality audit reports
- Effective communication of audit observations
- Effective management of the departmental budget, optimization of time, project/traveling costs during specific project.
- Knowledge sharing with colleagues
- Display appropriate technical and soft skills set; from which other team members can learn. Act as a consultant for the Company on highly significant matters relating to internal controls, financial policies, programs, capabilities and long-range goals and objectives.
- Update of audit work program/work papers on SharePoint.
- Be a consultant to the Plants/Functions on matters of controls, process improvements, capabilities and programs.
- Develop cost effective and value adding recommendations to various business observation raised.
- Act as liaison between the Plant/Function Management and internal audit department
- Increase efficiency and quality of departmental deliverables: quality of audit reports, time allocation, follow up processes, etc.
- Contributes new ideas, and intelligently partake in team discussions and active participation in the audit meeting.
- Ensure that health, safety and environmental impact is a consideration in decision- making in all matters.
- Encourage paper free audits and energy-saving initiatives
- Support the company’s CSR agenda.
Desired Candidate Profile
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum of HND or University Degree
- Full professional qualification in ICAN or ACCA will be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years working experience
- Process driven environment or background.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proven ability to make complex decisions based on analysis and judgment
- Coaching and mentoring for technical excellence Knowledge:
- Perfect English language skills
- Understand tactical requirements, full knowledge of functional strategy
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Industry/business knowledge
- Understand financial impact of decisions
Read and interpret financial and business data Skills:
- Time / resource management
- Good report writing skills
- Planning and Process improvement skills
- Good Communication & inter-personal Skills
- Computer literate – Good knowledge of MS Office Suite – working knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
- Good organization skills and able to prioritize appropriately
- Basic Accounting and Business Administration Knowledge will be appreciated.
Values / Attitudes:
- Drive for results
- High integrity, respect for diversity
- Ability to develop win-win solutions
- Willingness to try new ideas
- Team Player
- Willingness to travel as required
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online